Re: [V4Protocol] The 30m Band Utilization Chart -- 2 June 2011

  • David Bastress
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 2, 2011
      Ian,

      I just bet you would. (Need a body guard!)  I am almost surprised you didn't need one when you did the 30 meter band utilization chart.

      Another issue when trying to select an operating frequency is trying to dodge all the nets that claim certain frequencies during part of the day.  There seems to be no end of 'nets'.  Probably, 30 meters doesn't have as much of a problem with that as some other bands.

      Have a good day.

      Dave K3GAU

      From: David Bastress <bastress@...>
      Date: Thu, 2 Jun 2011 Time: 10:04:42

      >Ian,

      >Very nice.  Thanks for making the effort.  It does illustrate how much
      >overlapping of modes there is on the ham bands.  Now, how about making
      >one for each of the other ham bands. How many life times do you have?
      >:-0

      Thanks for your comments Dave. You are the third person already to ask
      if I can do the same for other bands...but I think I would need a
      bodyguard if I attempted to do that!

      >As far as I know, ROS is illegal in the U.S.  The FCC has defined it as a
      >'spread spectrum' mode and not legal for amateurs to use on HF.
      >Dave K3GAU

      That's my understanding also, and that's why I showed the allocation
      with a question mark.

      Ian, G3NRW

    • Russ Tower
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 2, 2011

        Russ Tower
        2011-06-02
        12:14:11

        Thanks Ian! This is very helpful . Well done.
        73/Russ - K1DOW -Arcadia  FL  - EL97BE

        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 3, 2011
          Ian, this reality of crowdness is part of what I love about the 200hz V4 concept. AND why I whish RMS Express ability,like Airmail limiting
          a session to 500hz.

          I have learned it is some protocoll difficulties in WINMNOR, but on Pactor 1,2<=>3 it is already in the SCS protocol, so that might be an easier task.

          My thought is that when not REAL emcomm, then it is more polite for a ham staying within 500hz only.

          It is not good behaviour using more BW than necessary for the task, especially whithin IARU recommended narrow segments, but could be used wide during a REAL emcomm event.

          As it also is not good behaviour blocking a small wide band segment with a slow 500hz mode.

          Apart from that there is a LAW issue on 30m in some countries as well.
          Norway is one (max 1000hz on 30m), and I belive that Canada has limitations as well, maybe others?

          Thanks very much for your good work.

          73 de la7um Finn