Re: [V4Protocol] FEC works great

    Message 1 of 10 , Jun 2, 2011
      Kirk,

      It sounds like may not understand the operation of the ARQ and when and how data is transferred.  Read the help on ARQ operation.  You can only send when you are the ISS but you can still queue outbound data while you are the IRS.

      While we are still debugging the software in early beta testing casual descriptions don’t help much....In software the devil is in the details.
      If you see something strange here is the way to help improve the problem:
      1) Be sure you have debug logging enabled ...without that there is little data captured for debugging.
      2) Describe the problem in words. Note the approximate time (UTC) the problem was observed. I don’t have the time to wade through hundreds of K of debug logs.
      3) Describe your setup (Radio, Sound card/interface, OS, CPU Type, RAM, Keying Setup)
      4) Send me the file V4 TNC Debug <date>.log as an attachment. Send directly to rmuethingATcfl.rr.com  not posted through the reflector.

      With the above I can do something.  With generalized comments it is very difficult.