New Version 0.2.1.1

  • kn6kb
    Message 1 of 10 , May 30, 2011
      OK this version fixed that bug in 0.2.1.0. It should work fairly well except for a tricky known bug in a timeout abort when CWID is NOT checked...So you can avoid this by simply leaving CWID checked (default) in the setup.

      There are probalby still issues with this. If you have a problem PLEASE document it well (debug logs etc) and send the logs with a description of the problem directly to me (not through the reflector) at rmuethingATcfl.rr.com and I will take a look.

      Be sure and read the help to find out how to send CQ and how to call a specific station!

      73,

      Good testing.

      Rick Muething, KN6KB
    • Daniel V. Wolff, Jr.
      Message 2 of 10 , May 30, 2011

        Received and acknowledged.  I assume the updated program is posted in the Yahoo group files section.

        73,

        Mr. Daniel V. Wolff, Jr.
        Regional Director (Region 11)
        US Army Military Auxiliary Radio System (MARS)
        MARS Callsigns: AEM1WF, AEA1RD

        Neidenbach, Germany

        Cell Ph: 0175-5282918 (or +49-175-5282918)

        aem1wf@...

        daniel.v.wolff@...

        http://www.qsl.net/aem1wf

        HQ MARS: http://www.netcom.army.mil/mars

        Classification:  UNCLASSIFIED
        Caveats: NONE

          Message 4 of 10 , May 30, 2011
            It currently does not enable auto update....In the beginning where there are lots of changes that is not very practical as new full installs are best.  Once things settle down with less often releases I will enable the auto update.

            Rick KN6KB

            Message 5 of 10 , May 30, 2011
              Anyone up for testing ARQ?  Located in So. CA. and can do any band from 80m to 30m.

              Monitoring 7073.0 USB at present.

              matt W6NIA [Call W6NIA-5]
            • Ted Trostle
              Message 6 of 10 , May 30, 2011
                I seem unable to uninstall V4...I get an error message stating that an install error occurred, code 2230. When I check using windows explorer, there is no V4 folder in the Program Folder. If I run the V4 setup.msi it says an earlier version is installed...Hmmmm what can I do manually to get it out of hiding??

                --
                You cannot change history, but you can make history !
                Education is the only legal cure for stupidity.

              • Matt Zilmer
                Message 7 of 10 , May 30, 2011
                  Control Panel -> Add/Remove Programs, look for V4Chat, remove it.

                  To: V4Protocol@yahoogroups.com

                  Message 8 of 10 , May 30, 2011
                    The use of the control panel>>>remove programs is where I get the error

                    To: V4Protocol@yahoogroups.com

                    Message 9 of 10 , May 30, 2011
                      The last resort is to edit the registry.  However, unless you know what you're doing it can be dangerous.  There are several freeware registry editors that make the job easier, and of course there is Windows' own RegEdt32.

                      You can read up on this via web pages.  I don't try to give advice about specific installations when it comes to registry editing.

                      matt

                      To: V4Protocol@yahoogroups.com
                      From: ttrostle35@...
                      Date: Mon, 30 May 2011 14:15:11 -0400

                      To: V4Protocol@yahoogroups.com

                      Message 10 of 10 , May 31, 2011
                        I ended up doing a system restore. all seems fine now. Thanks for the ideas.

                        Ted, WB2LOU

                        Date: Mon, 30 May 2011 14:15:11 -0400

                        To: V4Protocol@yahoogroups.com