      To: V4Protocol@yahoogroups.com
      From: g3nrw@...
      Date: Wed, 4 May 2011 06:09:30 +0100
      Subject: Re: [V4Protocol] FT-450 control

      From: Pete Ferrand <petef@...>
      Date: Tue, 3 May 2011 Time: 15:20:37

      >I have used ARQ with AMTOR years ago and I miss it, I think it will be
      >great improvement when you get it going, a great improvement over
      >PSK31.

      Hi Pete

      Agreed. Yes, it will be interesting to try V4 when Rick has implemented
      ARQ.

      However, are you aware of PSKmail?

      http://www.pskmail.org/

      This supports ARQ on top of fldigi, and is particularly interesting
      because the system adapts to band noise and conditions -- connections
      can start off at high speed PSK, but then switch automatically to a
      lower speed, or even to an entirely different mode, when the going gets
      harder.

      Despite its name, PSKmail isn't just for reliable mail transfer -- it
      also has an ARQ chat mode.

      PSKmail is well established, and already does well what I suspect Rick
      is trying to do. I think you'll find PSKmail is worth a look.

      Ian, G3NRW

      The TS-590S Resources Page:
      http://homepage.ntlworld.com/wadei/ts-590s.htm

    • Show all 13 messages in this topic