49Re: V4 software test frequencies

    Dec 4, 2010
      David. There is kind of gentlemans agreements. The NRRL do administer "on behalf of NPT" while looking at IARU reg 1 recommendations.
      Most of us, but not all do respect this recommendations.

      We are "self-ruling ourselves". And traditionally there have for lots of years been a very good cooperation between the NRRL and NPT.

      But my personal oppinion is that digital modes has been kind of a "stepchild". This gradually is getting better.
      In reality we here of course are a part of EUROPE.

      But NPT (in cooperaton with NRRL has given us VFO possibilites on 60m. Secondary Basis. That is quite something.)

      CW, and SSB RULES. and during tests the beloved RTTY DOUBLE RULES THE WHOLE SPECTRUM running the 1000W.

      Steinar is good at calculations...I leave the statistics to him, hi.

      ;-/ 73 de la7um Finn

      --- In V4Protocol@yahoogroups.com, "David Bastress" <bastress@...> wrote:

      > GM Steiner,
      >
      > Thanks. Love the simplicity of your rules. I wonder how many of the
      > bureaucrats we could fire in the FCC and our government in general if we
      > had such simple rules? :-)
      >
      > What I was really interested in was the number or percentage of LA hams
      > that normally operate SSB vs those that normally operate the digital
      > modes.
      >
      > Another question I would like to ask is, since your bands are wide open
      > are there any "gentlemen's agreements", etc. as to where to operate SSB
      > or where to operate digital modes, etc.?? The only 'open' HF band we
      > have is 160 meters and by and large it works reasonably well.
      >
      > Dave K3GAU

      > "What the percentages of operation for SSB vs. digital/cw in LA land?"
      >
      > Hi David
      >
      > The only band that is regulated by government is 600m (493-510Khz).
      > Only CW A1A is allowed.
      >
      > The Norwegian regulation translated with google:
      >
      > http://translate.google.com/translate?js=n&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&layout=2&eotf=1&sl=auto&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.lovdata.no%2Ffor%2Fsf%2Fsd%2Ftd-20091105-1340-0.html
      >
      > 73 de la5vna
      >
      > Steinar
      >
      > On 03.12.2010 20:21, David Bastress wrote:
      > > GA Steiner,
      > > A couple of comments about the 'band plan' as written.
      > > 1. I see it has not been updated to reflect the effects of the 80
      > meter
      > > refarming that was done in this country a couple of years ago. Now
      > everything
      > > digital and cw must be done below 3600 KHz. so a lot of reshuffling
      > has been
      > > done on that band!!
      > > 2. I see Bonnie / HFlink claim a lot of frequencies for their ALE
      > operations.
      > > More than their fair share.
      > > 3. The 40 meter band plan really highlights the problem we have here
      > in the US.
      > > Everything from 7043 to 7100 is used for SSB operations in most of the
      > rest of
      > > the world and yet look at all the stuff we try to do in that same
      > frequency
      > > range that isn't SSB. And, not listed in the band plan, are all the
      > Winlink and
      > > Winmor RMS stations!! All the SSB operations by our neighbors to the
      > north and
      > > south make using any of them practically impossible for a good part of
      > our early
      > > evening / nighttime. Personally, I don't think we could stuff all the
      > different
      > > operations and modes into 43 KHz. if we tried. Then to, that also
      > doesn't
      > > account for the fact that the bottom 25 KHz. are only accessible to
      > extra class
      > > licensees making the total usable bandwidth for a lot of amateurs only
      > 18 KHz.
> [...]
    • Show all 21 messages in this topic