3966Re: [V4Protocol] Getting started

    May 1, 2014
      Hi Harry

      Keep your eyes peeled for va7dgp..

      Don va7dgp

      On Thursday, May 1, 2014, Harry Gilling <w9ib73@...> wrote:

      Hi Jason

      I was so busy today that I did not have time to get on the radio.
      There used to be a site where you could indicate when you would be monitoring but I never used it.  Here is what I suggest.

      Use V4 chat on 14073 and call CQ several times.  I have found most of the activity in the afternoons

      Use Chat on 10123 and setup the beacon to send every 5 or 10 minutes.  Use FEC RBST as it is the only mode working now.  I hope ARQ will be available soon.

      If you take a close look at the screenshot in the April issue of QST you will see my beacon transmission.

      Are you retired or available during the day?  If you want to give me your telephone number I would be glad to call you when conditions appear to be good.

      Hope to connect soon

      73 Harry W9IB

      On Thu, May 1, 2014 at 11:51 AM, <jasdjensen@...> wrote:

      I did figure out that I was using the wrong program.

      I had wanted to try out the H4FSK but downloaded the V4 instead.

      So now I'm running H4FSK and Chat and am learning how to use it.

      Would love to do a test QSO with someone.

      Will hang out on 14.073 as time allows.