3736RE: [V4Protocol] RE: KN6KB H4 Robust FEC beacon on 10123.0 KHz

    Dec 21, 2013

      Thanks Doug,

      Well the tuning range just determines how far the tuning algorithm searches.  Normally it should be 50 or above (that means if the station transmitting is within +/- 50 Hz of your dial it should tune and print…  Setting it up to 100 will give you more tuning range but of course it could tune to an adjacent signal too.   If you set much below 50 both stations have to have very accurate dials/oscillators.   There is an indicator showing how far the other station is from you.  + indicates the station is above your frequency.

      Sending and reception of the beacon Robust text is exactly the same as normal Robust Text (keyboard or sending Files).  I think what you are seeing is random sync detects which with the current logic will “print” in FEC robust mode.  Probably I should change that making FEC robust mode only display FEC Robust or Monitored ARQ signals.   FEC Robust uses specially tagged and formatted frames with a frame ID, a CRC check and a block of 8 Reed-Solomon second layer FEC.  If I change that logic when in FEC Robust mode it should:

                      Print ARQ frames if received

                      Print Correctly received/corrected Robust FEC frames in Dark Blue bold type

                      Print uncorrectable Robust FEC frames in Red Strike-Thru text

                      Ignore (no print) of any random characters or syncs.  (But it would also not print a normal FEC transmission either)

      That would be an easy fix which I could get out tomorrow.

      Thanks for the comments and feedback.

      Rick KN6KB