      Sent: Tuesday, September 03, 2013 7:30 AM
      Subject: Re: AW: [V4Protocol] New file uploaded to V4Protocol

      Sigi,

      Yes that is possible...you can do a lot in software but it would be a much more complex Chat program and I’m not sure it is worth the effort.  When I get back I’ll look into it but it may be better to put in a mechansim to send the same FEC file on V4 and H4 and simply measure the errors.  I can easily do that when I have access to my HF channel simulator again.

      Sent: Monday, September 02, 2013 4:04 PM
      Subject: AW: [V4Protocol] New file uploaded to V4Protocol

      > The goal here is to evaluate this new protocol which I believe will
      > eventually be better and have lower latency than V4. Currently only the
      > FEC version is on the FTP site. When calling we can still use the
      > "watering hole frequencies" but the signal (though it sounds similar)
      > cannot be copied by the other TNC type.

      Would it be possible to make one softwarew that can be switched between
      these modes?!?

      Then comparing would be easier ... faste switch between modes and see what
      works best ... (no need for that soft to copy BOTH modes together ... but
      would be a nice add on)

      Dg9bfc

      Sigi

      No virus found in this message.