      To: V4Protocol@yahoogroups.com
      From: la7um@...
      Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2013 21:06:56 +0000
      Subject: [V4Protocol] Re: [WINMOR] Test version 1.4.7.5 of WINMOR TNC posted on Yahoo and Winlink User FTP

      Robin. RFI is destructive. Balanced antenna, and less is more...

      Else: Main error for timeouts is clients not moving what they type into tx-buffer, or messing too much within.

      Let them hook for <CR or Double Space> as a means of moving data to transfer. The Double Space is genious for forcing text into TX buffer without changin line.

      I removed the: Enable Full Duplex on FEC.
      Did not understand that to work.

      I use ARQ timeout (seconds) 180.

      Do NOT use the first option Ctrl CR for moving letters into tx buffer.
      It is a killer. The session is idling indefinitely when the operators does not know how and why it works.
      It MAY be elegant since you can "post edit" back several lines since they are not ready for TX, but you waste link time.

      I have had successful QSOs across the atlantic from Norway to Canada.

      My gear: G5RV, IC706 original, SignaLink USB. Nothing special.

      The MODE IS good. Is worth further polishing.
      For pure broadcast MFSK16 may be better than V4Chat FEC, but you don't have any ARQ in MFSK16, and it would not be so "slick" or quick in turnovers.

      When Skipping the CAT RIG control I can have RMS E/WINMOR, V4Chat and FLDIGI running in parallel. No portconflicts.
      When getting a link or session I just shut down the other programs for freeing memory.

      From Oslo to UK, Italy, Germany, Austria

      From Oslo 60 deg north to Finmark top of Norway 70 deg north. And to Finland.

      Locally 6 km in noisy 80m surroundings.

      The last one was across Norway to Bergen to a retired Military HF guy having been through it all from RTTY to AMTOR, and Pactor 2 and 3.

      He was amazed when I talked him into what to do and we did the qso.

      Just like old Amtor, only without errors......well errors whenever he used the three norwegian letter. It always comes two completely other pr each letter.

      So ALL Europeens have "trouble", or must write like old AMTOR / RTTY limited characters/letters.

      UTF8 is the EU Standard, and is highly wished. Ascii is "stone age".

      73. Finn/LA7UM

      --- In V4Protocol@yahoogroups.com, RICK WESTERFIELD <r_lwesterfield@...> wrote:

      > My experience with V4 has been completely different though I find it to be sensitive to RF in the shack. Once I put up a few more resonant dipole antennae, things got a lot more dependable.  I can say the same about RMS Express - better antenna, better connections.
      >
      > Rick KH2DF
      > AFA6RW MARS
      >
      > Sent from Yahoo! Mail on Android

    • Show all 11 messages in this topic