      From: la7um
      Sent: Monday, April 29, 2013 5:32 PM
      Subject: [V4Protocol] Re: FSK CW ID

      Joe. I observed on the RMS Express using Winmor, and on RMS Trimode. Did not so far check on myself on V4. We need inventor of both, Rick, chiming in.

      I believe the soundcard and way of keying is part of the issue.
      Finn/LA7UM

      --- In mailto:V4Protocol%40yahoogroups.com, "k0og" <counsil@...> wrote:

      > Finn, thanks for your
      observations.

      > I'm using an old but reliable Creative AudioPCI
      (Sound Blaster) sound card in my WinXP PC. With this same system, I get different results with Winmor than I do with V4 when issuing the Morse-code ID. I find no parameter that would control the ID behavior in the .ini files for RMS Express/Winmor nor V4.

      href="mailto:V4Protocol%40yahoogroups.com">mailto:V4Protocol%40yahoogroups.com, "la7um" <la7um@> wrote:

      > > Joe. If using IC7200 or
      IC7600, or Kenw TS590, with inbuilt soundcard you get "pure CW". If using external SignaLink USB you get FSK version. 73. Finn/LA7UM

      href="mailto:V4Protocol%40yahoogroups.com">mailto:V4Protocol%40yahoogroups.com, "k0og" <counsil@> wrote:

      > > > This is kind
      of a silly question, but more for curiosity's sake...

      > > > On the Winmor modem my ID is in CW (single-tone), yet I notice that
      many others are in FSK. In the V4 modem my ID is in FSK. Can I set it to CW instead? I looked in the .ini file but saw no option for that.

      > > > 73,
      > > > -Joe-

    • Show all 11 messages in this topic