    Dec 26, 2012
      I just installed V4 Chat on my new Windows 8 machine and it works fine.  I installed a program called Start8 and it looks just like Windows 7 with the start bar.  When you install V4 Chat it will warn you against installing it.  Be sure to click details and then ok to install it.  It will install in the root directory so you don't have to worry about being in a protected directory like program files.

      Ron ny3j

      On 12/26/2012 3:33 PM, Leo yudysky wrote:
      David w9nwy
      I have Win 7 on this laptop and it works fine, I've heard Win 8 is no great gain over 7 but if your way back in Xp or something it would be good to do.  I've shed alot of problems since upgrading, use to have rf reboots every few minutes , since then I replace the laptop, put ferrite rings on everything, got a new tuner so that I can get the swr down flat.  It seems the tapped coil type tuners just don't get your swr down as well, just my observation.
      Hope you get some more input on your idea....
      Whitefish, Montana

      From: David Boland <w9nwy@...>
      To: "V4Protocol@yahoogroups.com" <V4Protocol@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Wednesday, December 26, 2012 1:05 PM
      Subject: [V4Protocol] V4Protocol and WIN 8

      I currently run XP Pro and my kids are here for Christmas and are
      recommending I bite the bullet and go to Win 8.  I am not currently operating on V4
      but have it installed and would like to be able to operate
      When Win 8 comments have been on the reflectors I'm on I ignored since I
      never expected to go there
      Dave W9NWY

    • Show all 12 messages in this topic