      From: Ian Wade G3NRW <g3nrw-radio@...>
      To: V4Protocol@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Tuesday, June 19, 2012 8:48 AM
      Subject: [V4Protocol] V4 1.0.3 bug -- TS-590S memory frequencies not read

      Hi Rick

      I have just been trying 1.0.3 with the TS-590S. You're nearly there, but
      you still don't get the T-shirt.

      Recall that earlier this year I reported that V4 does not always read
      the TS-590S display frequency. Yes, it does read the radio's frequency
      *if you are not using a memory channel*, but if you set the frequency
      from a memory channel, V4 does not recognize this.

      Well, the bug is still there in 1.0.3. As I mentioned before, this is
      because you are incorrectly reading the *VFO-A* frequency, with the
      "FA;" CAT command. When you select a TS-590S memory channel, the radio's
      *display* frequency will change, but the *VFO-A* frequency does not.

      Instead, you should be using the "IF;" command to read the radio's
      display frequency, not the "FA;" command. Then V4 will always be in step
      with the radio.

      See how Simon's HRD does it -- it uses "IF;" not "FA;" to get the
      display frequency, and it works fine with memory and non-memory channels

      As I said before, V4 needs to display and log the frequency that is
      *actually* in use by the radio, regardless of whether it is a memory
      channel or not.

      Ian, G3NRW

    • Show all 8 messages in this topic