2710Re: [V4Protocol] New HOWTO on Monitoring CAT Commands

  • Ian Wade G3NRW
    Feb 18, 2012
      From: Ian Wade G3NRW <g3nrw-radio@...>
      Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2012 Time: 21:07:49

      >Recently, while writing Excel VBA code for tools to manage the Kenwood
      >TS-590S, I found the need to monitor the CAT commands issued by my
      >software to the radio, and to check the responses from the radio.

      [Snip]

      I have just realized I included the wrong URL for the HHD Serial Monitor
      in my HOWTO. The URL points to the paid-for version of HHD, whereas I
      had intended to point to the free version.

      The free version is available at:

      http://www.serial-port-monitor.com/

      There is no trial limit. I have been using it since last September,
      without any request for payment.

      The free program is called "free-serial-port-monitor.exe". The full
      version is called "serial-monitor.exe" and is almost twice as big as the
      free version.

      Ian, G3NRW

      The TS-590S Resources Page:
      http://homepage.ntlworld.com/wadei/ts-590s.htm