2685Re: [V4Protocol] V4 1.0.1.0 -- frequency bug with TS-590S

    Jan 2, 2012
      Thanks Ian I’ll take a look.  Of course the control setup is for not intended to use memory frequencies since sets of the frequency (e.g. from the mini log) are always done using VFO A.

      Rick KN6KB

      Sent: Monday, January 02, 2012 4:33 PM
      Subject: [V4Protocol] V4 1.0.1.0 -- frequency bug with TS-590S

      Rick

      You may recall some time ago I suggested you use the "IF" CAT command
      instead of the "FA" command to read the VFO frequency.

      Well, with the TS-590S I have just stumbled across a situation where
      "FA" definitely gives the wrong answer on the V4 frequency display. This
      arises when you select a memory on the radio. The display frequency on
      the radio changes to the stored frequency, *but "FA" does not change*.

      For example, if the VFO was originally at 14.073, then you select 28.073
      from a memory, the V4 frequency display remains at 14.073.

      This is a bug. To fix it, you need to get the frequency with the "IF"
      command instead of "FA". The "IF" command gives you the *displayed*
      frequency, which is not necessarily the same as the VFO frequency. I had
      to read the "PC Control Command Reference Guide" very carefully to
      appreciate the difference.

      Now I understand why Simon HB9DRV uses "IF" not "FA" in HRD.

      I suspect the same bug will apply to other Kenwood radios as well.

      Ian, G3NRW

    • Show all 3 messages in this topic