      Sent: Wednesday, November 30, 2011 12:27 PM
      Subject: Re: [V4Protocol] V4Chat 1.0.1.0 uploaded to Yahoo FTP and auto update server

      Hello Rick,

      Carl lives down the street from me and I did the initial install on his station - he is new to digital modes. He has a late model computers and HRD runs fine in all aspects but both V4 Chat and RMS Express exhibit the same symptoms - no keying of the K3 radio and no rig control with either case. Both programs installed easily with no errors.

      I have looked in Device Manager to see what ports to use and we are using the USB codec for his Signalink interface. So, I'm a little stumped here. His screens are virtual copies of what I am running on my station.

      Hopefully, you can help us.

      Another Rick - KH2DF

      Sent from my iPhone

      On Nov 30, 2011, at 8:33 AM, "Rick Muething" <rmuething@...> wrote:

      Carl,
      You need to be a bit more specific:
      e.g.

      Are you talking about playing the sound card?  keying the radio? controlling the radio freq? or read back of the radio freq?
      What is your setup (sound card/interface, control and keying mechanism etc.)
      Are you trying to use the built in sound card...NOT recommended from almost all with any experience!
      Turn on the Debug log if not already on and try and duplicate the problem.  Then send the log as an attachment with observed details and time (UTC) directly to me if possible.