2587Re: [V4Protocol] V4Chat 188.8.131.52 uploaded to Yahoo FTP and auto update server
- Nov 30, 2011Carl,You need to be a bit more specific:e.g.Are you talking about playing the sound card? keying the radio? controlling the radio freq? or read back of the radio freq?What is your setup (sound card/interface, control and keying mechanism etc.)Are you trying to use the built in sound card...NOT recommended from almost all with any experience!Turn on the Debug log if not already on and try and duplicate the problem. Then send the log as an attachment with observed details and time (UTC) directly to me if possible.73,Rick KN6KB
I have not been able to get V4 to work on my Elecraft K3. Do you have any suggestions. I am also new to digital so I need detailed explanations.
From: V4Protocol@yahoogroups.com [mailto:V4Protocol@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of kn6kb
Sent: Tuesday, November 29, 2011 2:40 PM
Subject: [V4Protocol] V4Chat 184.108.40.206 uploaded to Yahoo FTP and auto update server
Hope you all had a good Thanksgiving holiday...I enjoyed some time off and a visit with my sister.
I have uploaded an update to version 220.127.116.11. This should auto update for those with auto update enabled. The full install is posted on the Yahoo FTP as well. Generally minor but useful changes:
1) Now a "word mode" send command is available allowing a "send command" on each space. See the help and the new Setup menu. Several have asked for this and I do find it "comfortable" to send with.
2) Option to automatically send and log your qrid square on a connect. Also in the new setup menu. Checking AutosendGS will send your grid square upon an ARQ connection. This is also automatically logged into a "GRIDSQUARE" column of the ADIF log. This could be useful for contests etc. Again the updated help will explain.
Known remaining problems:
1) Problem with frequency read back on:
Early Icom's (specifically 735 and 765) basic problem is they don't seem to be adhering to the Icom CI-V commands as documented.
Yaesu Radios. I haven't been able to test this correctly yet. In process.
If you have serious problems please let me know. Be sure to enable debug logging.
I would be interested in setting up a V4 contest in the future. The auto GS logging in this new version could be used to compute points based on grid square, distance, etc.
- << Previous post in topic Next post in topic >>