2556Re: Auto CQ

  • Peter Zingsheim
    Nov 15, 2011
      Hi,
      my 2 cents:
      To me, a keyboard program means just that: keys used for typing. "chat" is the keyword. Right now, V4Chat sets itself apart from the crowd. There are plenty of other digimodes with apps that use keys for shortcuts to all sorts of canned texts and rubber stamps. Any feature, if provided, will eventually be used by the crowd. Following the crowd is not my concept of progress.
      73, Peter

      > Thanks Joel,
      > That makes some sense but I am always reluctant to put any automatic/unattended mechanism into what is supposed to be a “keyboard” program. There have already been requests for things like the ability to “leave messages” etc. but there are already good programs and protocols around that will handle unattended ARQ operation and messages (e.g. RMS Express with WINMOR, BPQ32 etc.). It is too easy to create automatic QRM generators! If someone can explain the value in such an Auto CQ and a reliable method for protecting against unattended QRM I will of course consider putting it in.
      >
      > Rick KN6KB

    • Show all 26 messages in this topic