      From: ham
      Sent: Sunday, November 13, 2011 5:38 PM
      Subject: [V4Protocol] Re: Release of V4Chat and V4 TNC 1.0.0.0

      Rick:

      Not a problem. The ICOM fix is a "nice to have"

      V4 Chat is fully functional as is.

      Now we need some promotional work. Anyone willing to write an article for QST or CQ?

      73, Bernie

      --- In mailto:V4Protocol%40yahoogroups.com, "Rick Muething" <rmuething@...> wrote:

      > Bernie,
      >
      > Bug fixing priority is based on a number of things:
      > 1) How
      serious is it?
      > 2) How many users does it effect? (there aren’t too
      many 735 users now days)
      > 3) Do I have the resources to easily fix
      it...e.g. I don’t have access to a 735 myself so fixes to that end up being totally trial and error often requiring many iterations of me making a change, trying to capture more info on the effect of the change, and having some one else run the test.
      > 4) How much time I have to devote to the project and
      the type of bug fix. Right now I am pretty busy with several projects. Remember this is all volunteer work often 20 + hours a week or more.

      have the 735 bug and the readback from Yaesu radios on my list as well as a few others but I needed to get this release out since it affected almost every user since it had to do with some marginal timing situations. The net result is more reliable operation for most users.

      > 73,
      >
      > Rick
      KN6KB

      2011 2:36 PM
      > To:
      href="mailto:V4Protocol%40yahoogroups.com">mailto:V4Protocol%40yahoogroups.com
      > Subject: [V4Protocol] Re: Release of V4Chat and V4 TNC 1.0.0.0
      >

      > The issue with the ICOM 735 changing filter
      options is still there.

      > I suppose this bug is still on the low
      priority list?

      > Upgrade went perfectly.
      >
      > 73,
      Bernie

      > > > I am still working on some
      issues with readback of the frequency data on Yaesu radios.

    • Show all 26 messages in this topic