1767Re: V4 GUI improvement proposal

  • SV1UY
    Sep 5, 2011
      Hi Rick again,

      After reading your reply and realising that the changes need quiter a bit of programming and since the conctents of the 3rd window I propose are printed in the top window with a different font I will not insist. The program is OK as it is. The only problem I see is the change over mechanism, but then again the IRS station will attempt to seize the link after a full sentence has been typed in the buffer and the other guy has nothing else to send. I noticed this in my QSO with OH7TE yesterday. The only drawback in this is that if the other guy is a fast typist, you will never get the chance to become ISS until the other guy eventually stops typing. When I have a PACTOR QSO every word I type is sent and I can see it echoed back in a 3rd window. My station does not send the whole buffer as a big packet when I hit ENTER.

      73 de Demetre SV1UY