1278RE: [V4Protocol] V4 ARQ QRV now 10136

  • Edgar Sack
    Jul 3, 2011

      Roger.  I tried both but did not see you in either option.

      We are in the process of creating a “radio room” for our local EmComm group on top of this building which will put

      our antennas over 150 feet in the air – the highest point in our City and completely out in the  clear.    At the very least we will

      have both a Winlink RMS and a Winmor access point up there and if the budget works out, a remote controlled

      HF rig which will certainly give me a much better chance of enjoying my favorite digital modes.

      I will continue to watch for VChat stations on 14.073 mh where I do capture a W1 and a W4 from time to time.

      By the way, I did a competitive study of the then active digital modes some years ago (published in the (ARRL and TAPR Digital

      Communications Conference for 2007) and found that three or four of the three dozen modes I tested stood out against

      the rest under the particular evaluation marks I used in the study.    As I recall Domino and Olivia were looking quite competitive

      at that time.

      How do you feel VChat stacks up against modes like CHIPs when bandwidth is an issue and the conditions are lousy (as they

      always are with the antennas I have to use for the moment.)

      73,

      Ed

      W3NRG

      From: esack@...
      Date: Sun, 3 Jul 2011 11:11:05 -0700

      O.K. Hamstick is on the balcony and tuned to 1:1 SWR.   When we say 7,075 on V Chat are we talking LSB?

      Ed

      To: V4Protocol@yahoogroups.com
      From: esack@...
      Date: Sun, 3 Jul 2011 10:39:25 -0700

      Hi Matt,

      My problem is the eternal condo antenna limitations problem.   My antennas “hidden on the balcony” get out better as the

      wavelengths get smaller.

      If I were to try my 40 meter hamstick, what forty meter frequency appeals to you?   7,073?

      73,

      Ed

      W3NRG

      From: esack@...
      Date: Sun, 3 Jul 2011 07:06:52 -0700

      Hi Matt,

      I’ll be listening on 10136 dial USB this morning.   Have a very poor 30 meter antenna – Hamstick, vertical – but if I see you on the screen I will let you know.

      73,

      Ed

      W3NRG

      Coronado, CA