Nominees for Executive Board

  • larnold84604
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 1, 2011

      Hello APG Utah Valley Chapter members,

      The time has come, and is indeed overdue, for us to elect new officers for our chapter.  Crista Cowan, as Chapter President, and I as Chapter Representative, have served two terms each, and the bylaws only allow two terms. We have enjoyed serving in the chapter, but are also ready to move on to other opportunities for service in the genealogical community.  We intended to hold an election at our chapter meeting in April, but unfortunately there were not enough in attendance to hold an election.

      In accordance with UVAPG Chapter Bylaws nominations for a new executive board are open for the 2011-2012 year.  Two candidates have been nominated and additional nominations by Yahoo email are welcome.  We will close these nominations by August 15.  If no other names are introduced, we will conduct a vote by polling from this Yahoo site at the end of August.

      Renee Furgeson, has been nominated to serve as Chapter Representative:

      Renee Furgeson is a graduate of BYU in 2004 with a BA in History/Family History.  She is currently working toward her CG credential and is a graduate of the Progen  program.  She has established a research business, Professional Ancestry Research, and subcontracts with Utah based major research firms.  Her curriculum vitae includes two internships for BYU, one in London with the British National Archives and  Hyde Park Family History Center and a second at the Regional National Archives of Laguna Niguel, California.   She is currently specializing in 17th and 18th century American Colonial research with emphasis on English origins.  She has taught basic genealogy methodology at the FHC in Laguna Niguel and is now teaching at the FHC of BYU.  She has served on the executive board of the Southern California APG Chapter and the Salt Lake City APG Chapter.

      Joseph B. Everett, MLS, has been nominated to serve as Chapter President:

      Joe Everett is a project manager at Ancestry.com, working to put new databases online. Before joining Ancestry in 2005, Joe was the head of International Reference at the Family History Library in Salt Lake City, and also worked for several years there as a cataloger of Slavic and Germanic records. Joe earned a B.A. in Russian Language and in Family History/Genealogy (Germanic emphasis) from Brigham Young University and a Master of Library Science from Emporia State University (Kansas). He has been a member of the Genealogical Committee of the American Library Association, the IFLA Genealogy and Local History Section, and the Genealogy Roundtable of the Utah Library Association.  He has also served as an officer in the Federation of East European Family History Societies.  He has lectured and published articles on Slavic and Germanic family history and Central & East European historical geography and migration.

      Please watch your Yahoo email for announcements about our meeting move to the BYU campus in September!!

      My thanks to you all!

      Lisa Arnold

      Chapter Representative

      UVAPG