Aug/Sep Meetings

  • Crista Cowan
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 5, 2010

      Hello all – and welcome to our new members!

      I hope you are all enjoying your summer and getting a lot accomplished with your own family history and/or that of your clients.

      This is just a reminder that we made a group decision in June to cancel both the July and August chapter meetings.  Since our meetings are held at the Ancestry.com corporate headquarters we must have an Ancestry.com employee present in order to meet.  Both Lisa Arnold (Chapter Rep) and I attended the IAJGS conference in July and will be attending the FGS conference this month.  No other employees were available to host the meeting.

      So – I hope you are REALLY looking forward to a great meeting in September.  It will be held at Ancestry.com (360 West 4800 North, Provo) on Sep 16th at 5:45 p.m.

      Our scheduled discussion for our September meeting is Conferences Report.  If you haven’t attended one of these in years past it involves each of us in a round table giving reports of favorite things learned at conferences attended over the “season” (NGS, NIGHR, IAJGS, FGS, Salt Lake Expo, etc.).  But, if you would like to skip that and do either the Brick Wall discussion or the Getting Started as a Genealogy Professional presentation that we skipped, I am happy to accommodate.  Please reply to me directly with your vote before August 26th.  I’ll tally them out and send out the topic the following week.

      Until then – enjoy the last few weeks of summer!

      All the best,

      Crista

      (Utah Valley APG Chapter President)

      CRISTA COWAN

      Owner/Genealogist

      Legacy Family History Services

      P  801-877-1536

      M  801-372-5057

      E  leavealegacy@...

      A  1197 East 730 South, Pleasant Grove, UT  84062

      http://www.legacyfamilyhistory.com | http://www.cristacowan.com | http://www.samuelmulliner.com | http://www.justaskagenealogist.com

      Follow me on Twitter: http://Twitter.com/CristaCowan

      Become a Fan on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Legacy-Family-History-Services/27965871903

    • Sherry Stevens
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 5, 2010
        I think that the conference report sounds great.

        Sherry

        E  leavealegacy@ msn.com