Anniversary, Next Meeting and a Roll Call

  • Crista Cowan
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 8, 2010

      Hello friends,

      I hope you are enjoying the spring weather as much as I am.  Glad Spring seems to have finally arrived in Utah (and hope I didn’t just jinx it by saying that). J

      We have a few items of business I want to cover quickly:

      1.       We have just passed a milestone for our little chapter.  We were organized three years ago.  Each month we meet and network with one another.  We have had some terrific meetings over the past three years.  I have learned a lot.  You are an amazing group of professionals.  I so appreciate the association with those of you who make the effort to attend and contribute.  I look forward to many more years of lessons learned and relationships strengthened.

      2.       Our next meeting is coming up a week from today – Thursday, April 15th.  As always, we will meet at 6:00 pm at the Ancestry.com headquarters in Provo (360 West 4800 North, NorthEast Building).  Please be here at 5:45 for networking before our meeting.  This month Lisa Arnold will be teaching, Getting the Most Out of Your Ancestry.com Subscription.  We hope you’ll join us.

      3.       Finally, we had a request at our March meeting for a roll call.  Members of the chapter would like to know who you are, what your area of specialty is, and whether or not you currently take clients.  (Do you have an “elevator pitch” for your business?)  I’ll get things started.  Feel free to reply to the group with your own response.

      Crista Cowan, owner and chief genealogist of Legacy Family History Services. I have been involved in family history research for over 20 years, actively doing client research for the past eight years.  I specialize in descendancy research, Jewish Immigration, and sharing family history with the genealogically challenged.

      I am currently serving my second term as president of the Utah Valley APG chapter. I regularly teaches Family History classes at my local LDS Family History Center.  I have been employed at Ancestry.com since 2004.  Past positions include European Content Acquisition Manager and Digital Preservation Indexing Manager.  I am currently working as the Community Alliance Manager on the Ancestry World Archives Project.

      Whether you are a meeting regular or not, we’d like to hear from you and get to know you a little better.  And we invite you to come on out to any of our meetings when you are available.

      Thanks again for a terrific three years!

      Legacy Family History Services

      P  801-877-1536

      M  801-372-5057

      E  leavealegacy@...

      A  1197 East 730 South, Pleasant Grove, UT  84062

      http://www.legacyfamilyhistory.com | http://www.cristacowan.com | http://www.samuelmulliner.com | http://www.justaskagenealogist.com

      Follow me on Twitter: http://Twitter.com/CristaCowan

      Become a Fan on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Legacy-Family-History-Services/27965871903