Re: Introduction

  • Krystelle Bonnie Rose
    Message 1 of 24 , Oct 1, 2011
      Hi Raquel!

      I'm so glad you're with us! Thanks for sending your blog. It was fun to read through it and Ezra is so adorable! I remember meeting you and having a tour of your garden maybe a year and a half ago? (Time flies!) I just loved your garden and am very interested in Permaculture as well as Biodynamic Gardening! (I'd love to learn from you!) It looks like you know a lot about herbs as well and I'd love to do some herbal salves with you sometime, (we could do a few concoctions and then share). Maybe others in the group would be interested?
      Welcome!
      Warmly,
      Krystelle

      --- In Utah-Waldorf@yahoogroups.com, "grittypretty" <grittypretty@...> wrote:

      > Hi All!
      > My brain is about to explode from trying to learn everything I can about Waldorf methods and the festivals. Please say I'm not the only one! I've been on the edge of my seat feeling like a very eager student. hahaha. How lucky are we to have a local Waldorf community?! And Melisa! And Krystelle! Thank you!!! I'm looking forward to meeting you all!
      > Intro: I have a permaculture urban farm (Krystelle mentioned the one in downtown Provo with the strawbale greenhouse and treehouse, that's us.)
      > Our son Ezra is 16 months old and very involved in the garden. We are planning on him attending Julene's Waldorf class when the time comes. My husband and I are both artists so have a strong belief that anything handmade is imbued with magic! Not that everything we have is handmade but we aim in that direction. My husband Oliver designs green buildings for work (for example off grid units that generate more electricity than they use for the Forest Service). And I stay at home with Ezra.
      > My blog is grittypretty.blogspot.com.
      > With great anticipation for our group!
      > Cheers,
      > Raquel

    • jenna Powell
      Message 2 of 24 , Oct 1, 2011
        Hi there group!
        Awesome group of Waldorf Family's!!
        Raquel I 100% agree with Krystelle I'm too interested in whats happening at your place in Provo and would love to come and check it out soon!! Hopefully.
         I am studying (slowly ;) a master herbalist program so yes I'm interested in Herbs that heal and herbs to eat and make us all feel better. I'm too interested in Art!!! I would like to see about making concoctions with you both!
        I really need to get onto my Introduction I will make sometime tomorrow and give everyone here my formal Introduction.Definitely trying to get things in order so I can be at the group meeting Saturday the 8th.
        Hope to see and meet everyone then XX
        Jenna,
        Heber City...not too far from everyone.

        --
        Jenna Powell
      • abroaks
        Message 3 of 24 , Nov 22, 2011
          Hi,

          Krystelle sent me an invitation last week asking me to introduce myself and my family to your group. My name is Amanda Oaks, and my husband and I have four children, two boys (ages almost 8, and almost 7), and two girls (ages 5 and 2).

          My introduction to the Waldorf principles came into my life a couple of years ago, when I became close friends with someone whose children had attended a Waldorf school in Nashville. (Since that time, this friend has moved to CA to a community that has a Waldorf charter school, so that all three of her children can attend there).

          Since meeting this friend, I have poured over all sorts of Waldorf- or Waldorf-inspired books discussing the philosophy behind it, and I have found it incredibly comforting and inspiring. More than anything I have discovered, it has granted me the permission to create the peaceful space for my family to spiritually grow.

          I will fully admit here that I am a total novice at much of what is included in a Waldorf school. My handiwork skills are nonexistent and I don't know the first thing about how to incorporate/start circle time with my kids. However, when it comes to principles like limiting media in the home, I am one of the biggest proponents for this out there, and will openly share with any parent the blessings our children have realized from this form of childhood protection. In fact, less than a year ago we moved our family to a different home within our community (Draper) where they would have more room to run and play, catch bugs, climb trees, and garden with me. This access to living things has brought all of us a lot of joy.

          I am truly grateful for the opportunity to be able to be a part of your group. I don't know how many of the events I will be able to attend, (I find that our family rhythm can get thrown out of whack much more easily than I would like to admit), but I sincerely look forward to the times that I can join you and allow more exposure to these principles to edify my family. (We did have the chance to join you last-minute for the lantern walk a couple of weeks ago, which was beautifully memorable. . . Thank you to those of you who welcomed us so warmly.)

          Speaking of which, if there are any events where having a central location would be helpful, I would be extremely happy to host at my home here in Draper. It seems to be a good midpoint in situations like these. Also, I am curious if anyone has ever done a class/workshop on storytelling? I would love to learn more and/or develop this skill. We had a professional storyteller come for my daughter's 5th birthday party in October, and as I watched her mesmerize my children, it got me so excited to learn more about how to engage with my family more in that way.

          Sincerely,

          Amanda Oaks
        • M Nielsen
          Message 4 of 24 , Nov 22, 2011
            Welcome Amanda!  We will be doing a workshop here at Three Fold Utah on story telling.  We are working on developing a schedule for the new year of our workshops.

            You may also enjoy our program Thinking Feeling Willing, all of our Utah friends get a nice discount on the program with the coupon code Utah. The program is a great way to augment your learning about Waldorf - like homeschool teacher training.

            We aren't too far from you... at 7800 South in Midvale :) I am looking forward to meeting you!  We have 5 kids, 14, 12, 10, 5 & 7months (TODAY!!)

            Blessings!

            On Tue, Nov 22, 2011 at 11:17 AM, abroaks <AmandaROaks@...> wrote:

            --
            From our home to yours...

            Melisa & Erik Nielsen
            Owners
            A Little Garden Flower, Waldorf Essentials & Gnomes Home Radio
            www.waldorfessentials.com
            Be a Beacon for your family!
            www.iamabeacon.com

          • Krystelle Rose
            Message 5 of 24 , Nov 22, 2011
              Hi Amanda!

              It was so great to meet you and your darling family at the Lantern Walk!  I hope you got to meet some of the people in our group.

              Thank you for offering to host events at your home!   I'm sure we'll take you up on your offer soon! :)

              That was interesting about your friend in Nashville moving to Cali because of wanting the Waldorf Influence.  I know one person here in Utah that lives in Colorado during the school year so that her daughter can have that experience.  I love that Waldorf is so meaningful and important in people's lives. I am grateful that we are creating our own Waldorf Community in Utah and we can all grow and learn from one another!

              Warmly,
              Krystelle

              Message 6 of 24 , Jan 9, 2012

                Thank you to those who have introduced themselves to our group.  I thought it was time for me to do the same as many of you have never met me and may be wondering who I am, how I came to be involved in Waldorf Education, and how this group was started.

                I share some things from my life in hopes that it will present a picture of me and my personality/character and also experiences I have learned in my life that I hope can serve our group.  Everyone has a valuable part to play in our group and I hope by being open we can all glean from each other’s experiences and benefit from sharing the different lessons we’ve learned and the many perspectives of life.

                Postscript:  I have tried being concise and sharing relevant information but this has turned into a longer read, so only read further if this is of interest to you. J

                I was born in St. George, UT.  I grew up as the oldest of 11 children.  This gave me opportunity to develop my will forces and work with my hands through much cooking, cleaning, and tending from a young age.  I was “in charge” of a younger sibling every day until I was 16. I usually cooked dinner 3 times a week and hand washed dishes for 13 people amongst other cleaning and tending responsibilities.  Although hard at the time, I’m grateful for those experiences now.

                We were also poor growing up and I learned the value of hard work at a young age.  When I was 8 years old we began cherry picking in the summer to earn money to pay for school supplies and clothes.  We would get up at 5:00 in the morning and work until 12:00 in the day.  I also took extra babysitting jobs when I could.  This was in the day when we would get $1/hr to tend 5 or 6 children and also be expected to clean up the house.  Times have changed! J  As I grew up I always seemed to be working a job or two.  I paid my own way through college, for my own car, and paid for my many travels around the world except for one.

                In High School I enjoyed being on the volleyball team and being involved in music as I was in the choir and played the flute in the Symphonic Band, but my favorite and most meaningful high school experience was being in a class called Unified Studies in my senior year.  I believe this class was my first introduction to Waldorf-like principles.  We spent much time out in nature and didn’t have a textbook.  We learned by experience and doing projects.  We wrote and illustrated our own book, made a small-scale cabin out of branches, did “solos” where we went by ourselves and sat in Nature and wrote poetry or water-colored, did a survival hike where we had to find our own water and way out with a compass, collected and identified leaves, learned how to wind surf, went cross-country skiing, went on many hikes, learned about bugs by observing them in rivers, learned how to write resumes and had actual experience learning how to interview, learned about government by visiting governing places and talking with officials, etc.

                These were great experiences for self-discovery and practical skills that would help one in one’s life.  The class the year previous actually went and killed their own chicken so they could value meat and see the process of what was involved and have a personal experience with it.  They also visited a landfill to follow the garbage trail.  They learned to connect what happens to the trash and the consequences of a throw-away society.

                All the subjects we learned about were intertwined or unified.  It was my first introduction to holistic learning.

                I had my Unified Studies classes on 1 day and on alternating days I had AP English, AP Calculus, AP Biology, and AP History.  There was such a contrast in my learning.  I learned FAR more in my Unified Studies Class and the learning was more practical and fulfilling than my supposedly AP college level classes. I worked hard in school and graduated with a 3.9.  With the exception of music and my Unified studies experience, I felt that my high school “learning” experience left me with little actual knowledge learned.  It really felt “dead” and was a process of repeating what someone else said, choosing only 1 correct answer out of 4 that were given as possibilities and it was very stifling.  In contrast, with my Unified Studies class, I became creative, enlivened, self-generating, and the learning affected my life in great ways. Where one experience gave me regurgitated information to pass a test, the other gave me wisdom and personal experience to learn about myself, life, nature and inspired me in my life.  Later in my life I found more of this type of learning through Waldorf Education which I completed wrapped my arms around in embrace as it even more completely filled me with inspiration, gave me freedom to create, and wisdom in a continuing unfolding journey of learning about oneself and the world.

                I went to college at BYU.  The “real learning” for me happened when I went on study abroads and learned through personal experience.  I went and lived in Israel and attended the BYU-Jerusalem Center and learned about the Jewish, Christian, and Islamic cultures.  I rode horseback into Petra, Jordan, rode camels to the pyramids in Egypt, hiked Mt. Sinai, and floated in the Dead Sea. I had amazing and wonderful experiences there.  I also went to BYU-Hawaii and experienced the Polynesian and Asian Cultures there.  I visited 4 of the islands, learned some of the dances, saw the active volcano on the Big Island, walked on the black sand beaches and old lava tubes, learned to scuba dive, and how to surf.  I loved learning about the people and culture there and interacting with them.  Again, wonderful experiences!  I had another experience where I lived in Poland and learned the language and culture there as well.

                Vikings are part of my heritage and I inherited their quest for travel and adventure. After I graduated and over the course of the next 3 years I traveled extensively.  I traveled coast to coast from California to Washington D.C. and from the top of the states of Maine to the bottom of Florida.  Some highlights include: paraglided in the Bahamas, river-rafted in West Virginia, hang-glided on Kill Devil Hill, North Carolina which is where the Wright Brothers learned to fly, visited Niagra Falls in Canada and U.S. sides, walked Red Square in Boston, ate lobster in Maine (later became vegetarian), saw the beautiful Fall leaf colors in Vermont, smelled the cherry blossoms around the Washington Monument, visited the Smithsonians in D.C., saw the Statue of Liberty in New York, felt the cold water and gazed at the beautiful blue color of Lake Tahoe, NV, hot-air ballooned over Napa Valley, CA., etc.

                I also visited Europe for a couple months and did most of the traveling by myself.  I visited Italy, Austria, Switzerland, Germany, Scotland, and England.  I saw many things and some highlights include the coliseum in Rome, the Sistine Chapel and St. Peter’s Basilica in the Vatican, traveling by water in Venice, visiting the Swarowski crystal factory in Austria; seeing the Neuschwanstein Castle in Germany (Walt Disney Castle is taken from this); seeing Rhine Falls in Zurich, Switzerland; much in London, England; and Edinburgh, Scotland.

                When I wasn’t traveling, I lived in Virginia and commuted to Washington, D.C. where I worked for United States Energy Association.  We put on an International Energy Conference for the World Energy Council held in Houston, TX where we had delegates come from all over the world.  I picked up the Ambassador of Ukraine, Yuri Scherback, from the airport and escorted him to the meetings.  We listened to George W. Bush speak and many others.  I learned a lot about politics during that time.

                While in Virginia I also became trained and worked as a volunteer EMT for Fairfax County.  I slept at the fire station and would be called out at night.  We would quickly slide down the poles and into the ambulances.  I had lots of different experiences dealing with death and trauma and worked a short time in the ER as well.  I also had started training to be a fire fighter when love interfered with my plans. J

                I’d been dating my husband to be for some time (we dated almost 2 years before we got married), and he was getting transferred to San Francisco.  So, it was bye to Virginia for me as I moved back home to Utah to be closer.  Shortly afterwards we became engaged.  He is absolutely wonderful and has been a great blessing in my life! We’ve been married 12 years now.

                After we were married we lived in San Francisco for a year where I started my MBA program and I worked for Bank of America Corporate Office.  I never finished the program fortunately, as I’m much more interested in people and human relations than moving numbers around.  We then moved to LA for a year and I had my oldest daughter there.  Two weeks after her birth we moved to Utah and I’ve been here since!

                I worked in Utah while my husband finished his MBA program and he took care of our daughter.  I later became pregnant and continued working until he graduated.  There are things that we look back in our lives and would do differently.  This is one of them for me.  Knowing what I know now about childhood development, there is a window of opportunity for children, especially from birth to 7 that I believe if at all possible, the mother should be there for her children.  Working and being pregnant and coming home to raise a toddler and clean and cook were physically, emotionally, and mentally exhausting and besides all that I feel like I missed out on that time with my daughter during some critical development time. I am glad that she was with her father during this time, but still feel there is something that a mother gives as a nurturer for her children.  It would have been better if my focus had been on home rather than other endeavors.  Everyone has their own personal situations, but this is the council I would give--If at all possible, stay home with your children especially during the early years.

                After the birth of my 2nd daughter, I opened up the door to a new reality and stepped into a world where my whole foundation and perspective was altered.  My life changed in a new direction.

                It started with learning about health and well-being from a different perspective than my previous medical EMT training.  I learned about treating health in a holistic way and also that emotion played into our well-being.  I studied many things including chinese medicine, reflexology, iridology, herbs, homeopathics, Native American sweat lodges, raw food, etc. and then branched out even more into subtle energy and learned about chakras and energy work including Theta, Body Talk, Radionics, EFT, Gin Shin Jitsu, Quantum Touch, Dinsha’s Color Therapy, and also healing with Sound, (Horowitz and Belieu).  It was very empowering to learn about health and well-being in this way and to take charge of one’s own physical, emotional, and spiritual well-being.  During this time I lost 80 pounds which I kept off during my 3rd pregnancy but gained much of it back during my 4th pregnancy.  I now offer more shade in the summer and warmth in the winter! J  Previously, I had 2 hospital epidural births and my last 2 births were done naturally at home and I loved it! I think all of this prepared me for Waldorf and it was in fact at an herb class that I first heard of Waldorf Education.

                Around 8 years ago, I was at an herb class at Charlene Stott’s home when I met Julene Humes and found out she had a Waldorf-Inspired school.  I was immediately drawn in.  My children attended the school there and also with Lisa Hofheins as a teacher who also taught in Pleasant Grove.

                I continued to learn about Waldorf and Steiner.  I started an Anthroposophy Study Group about 5 years ago and we studied the works of Steiner and other Anthroposophists and also other spiritual works recommended by members.

                I eventually became more involved with Waldorf directly and worked at Julene’s Waldorf-Inspired school for 1 ½ years.  I worked with the pre-school group teaching stories, doing circle time, creative play, bread making, etc. I planned and oversaw a Harvest Festival and 3 different May Day Festivals. I also planned Fieldtrips and did the Yearbook for 2 years.  It was a great experience to be there, observe, and learn.  My girls graduated from the school (they currently don’t have the older grades--my oldest was taught through 3rd grade) and this is the first year I am exclusively homeschooling without a supplementary school experience.  I am really loving being with my children and continuing to learn as we progress through the grades.

                I had many friends involved in Waldorf that I knew locally and then heard from a friend that there was interest in Waldorf on the Mothering.com site.  I was excited to know there were others interested in Waldorf and I decided to form a group so we can all get to know each other and be a support to one another.  This is how our group began!

                I have had many wonderful experiences and seen many places in my life and by far the most rewarding and valuable experiences are that of being a wife and mother and taking the journey within to truly know oneself. I am indebted to Waldorf and the work of Rudolf Steiner for aiding me on this wonderful journey and sincerely believe it is beneficial for humanity and will bring peace to ourselves and the world around us.

                I am currently homeschooling 4 children which you know takes a lot of time and is so rewarding, I also teach Simply Music Piano, and stay involved in family life.  My plate is full with things I love and value.

                I am grateful to serve this group however I can and bring this work forward. I am still learning about the Waldorf stream even after 8 years and I think it is a life-long learning endeavor.  I am happy to share what I can and am grateful to learn from friends such as you who find value in this work. I hope this group will be a means of learning from one another as we can learn more this way than just standing alone.  I also hope it will bless the lives of you and your children.

                Best wishes to you and your beautiful children!

                Krystelle Rose

              • Natalie
                Message 7 of 24 , Mar 21, 2012
                  Hello all!

                  I'm so excited I found this group!

                  My name is Natalka and my husband Jeff and I have a 2 1/2 year old boy named Leo.
                  We live up Emigration Canyon in SLC. My husband is a full time undergraduate student at Westminster and I do Public Relations/ Prof Writing for an agency that specializes in Natural Brands, plus I am grad student at Westminster. In order to do all this my mom, Luba, lives with us and takes care of Leo. She is a vivacious grandma! Hiking, cooking and singing with Leo!
                  I received a BA and minored in early childhood Ed at Naropa University in Boulder. While I was there, I was able to intern and have classes at Blue Sky Waldorf school. I was enlightened and enchanted instantly. I saw how the children flourished and thought" if one day I have a child they need to have a Waldorf education." A holistic education is essential.
                  Well, I have a child, but no Waldorf. After moving to Utah I have not been able to find a Waldorf School. After much searching I came upon this group, hopefully, the group will provide a path for Leo to have a Waldorf education.

                  Best!
                  Natalka

                  Sent from The Flip Side. Please Excuse Any Oversights.
                • M Nielsen
                  Message 8 of 24 , Mar 22, 2012
                    Welcome!!

                    Hooray for Luba!! She isn't the only grandma in the group.

                    Krystelle heads this group, and I am heading Three Fold Utah (threefoldutah.com). We have classes here each month and share the festival load with Utah Waldorf.

                    Blessings!

                    On Wed, Mar 21, 2012 at 10:49 PM, Natalie <n_zeleny@...> wrote:

[...]

                    From our home to yours...

                    Melisa & Erik Nielsen
                    Waldorf Essentials
                    www.waldorfessentials.com

                  • Bonnie Snyder
                    Message 9 of 24 , Mar 22, 2012
                      Hi Natalka,

                      Welcome!  Just wanted to let you know there is a private Waldorf School in the works of opening in Park City.
                      We have a Waldorf Conference this Saturday and will be having an online book discussion next week.  We will also have a fieldtrip and Creating Class (Handwork) and another book discussion in April.  Melisa also has classes every month.  Now is the time to learn while Leo is young.  We have plenty to keep one busy!

                      Look forward to seeing you at some of our activities.

                      Warmly,
                      Krystelle

[...]

                      From our home to yours...

                      Melisa & Erik Nielsen
                      Waldorf Essentials
                      www.waldorfessentials.com

                    • donquierafaber
                      Message 10 of 24 , Mar 25, 2012
                        Hi, I'm Doni. I'm a certified teacher who is interested in learning more about the Waldorf method. But more importantly, I'm due to have a baby in about 6 weeks. I know I'm probably starting off early, but I'm interested in participating in the local homeschool community. So hi!
                      • Krystelle Rose
                        Message 11 of 24 , Mar 26, 2012
                          Welcome Doni,

                          So great to hear from you and how exciting you are going to have a baby soon!  Where are you located?  Do you have any other children?  Melisa, is our wonderful go to person if you have any questions about Waldorf Curriculum.  We have a handwork (creating) class coming up in April as well as a book discussion so hopefully we'll get to meet you before you have you're baby.  We also have a May Day Festival coming up that 3 Fold Utah is hosting this year.

                          Welcome to our group!

                          Warmly,
                          Krystelle

                          Message 12 of 24 , Mar 28, 2012
                            Thanks for the warm welcome, Krystelle. I'm excited that this group
                            appears to be so active. This will be my first child. We live in the
                            University District. If Melissa has a book she would recommend about
                            Waldorf, that would be a great start for me. Handiwork would be good
                            for me since I have a hard time motivating myself to do it, but
                            sewing's a little steep on the difficulty level to start with. Let me
                            know what we're reading for book club and I'll get on that. :)
                          • Emily Wenham

                              Message 14 of 24 , Mar 28, 2012
                                Hi Doni,

                                The book we're reading is "Rhythms of Learning" by Robert Trostli.  We're doing the Preface, Introduction, and Chapter 1 right now.

                                We have various handwork classes throughout the year.

                                I'm not sure if you know but we also have a facebook group you may sign up for as well.  You can do a search for Utah-Waldorf and join.

                                Warmly,
                                Krystelle

                                Message 15 of 24 , Mar 28, 2012
                                  Hi Doni!

                                  I will be posting the book study for Chapter 1 of Rhythms of Learning soon.

                                  We have classes here each month and they cover all the topics that are foundational to Waldorf education.  Our program is called Thinking Feeling Willing and works to support parents in fully understanding this method of education.

                                  The format is a Friday evening discussion and a Saturday morning handwork workshop.  The handwork is different than the Utah Waldorf handwork group.  Ours usually has a loose topic but since this is my strong area, I am open to helping people with whatever they need - from knitting to embroidery to beginning crochet and beyond. This month I will be helping a few moms work on the dress I made for my daughter in this blog post:
                                  http://www.gnomesandknittingneedles.blogspot.com/  we will be working on embroidery and perhaps a little needle felting as well.  It is open and "come as you are" - I work to make handwork very accessible.

                                  The Friday evenings are all topic related.  The current schedule is here:

                                  You can come to the entire year and have access to our on line lessons or we now have a monthly option. You can find out more about our program at waldorfessentials.com

                                  Welcome!!  So glad the group is growing.  I am here to answer any questions you might have.

                                  Blessings to you.
                                  --
                                  From our home to yours...

                                  Melisa & Erik Nielsen
                                  Waldorf Essentials
                                  www.waldorfessentials.com

                                • kimberliesheff
                                  Message 16 of 24 , Mar 14, 2013
                                    Hi, I'm Kimberlie and we have been homeschooling for 3 years now. I have a daughter 8, a daughter 5, and a 2 year old boy! I just recently learned about Waldorf education from my cousin in Missouri. When she came to visit recently she was telling me about this amazing Waldorf charter school that her kids go to and about the fun activites that they do. I was very curious, started researching and have decided that this is the way I want my children to learn.
                                    Anyway, thanks for letting us be a part of this group and we are looking forward to getting to know you all!

                                    Thanks,
                                    Kimberlie
                                  • M Nielsen
                                    Message 17 of 24 , Mar 14, 2013
                                      Welcome Kimberlie! Where do you live?

                                      On Thu, Mar 14, 2013 at 1:57 PM, kimberliesheff <sheffields@...> wrote:

                                      Hi, I'm Kimberlie and we have been homeschooling for 3 years now. I have a daughter 8, a daughter 5, and a 2 year old boy! I just recently learned about Waldorf education from my cousin in Missouri. When she came to visit recently she was telling me about this amazing Waldorf charter school that her kids go to and about the fun activites that they do. I was very curious, started researching and have decided that this is the way I want my children to learn.
                                      Anyway, thanks for letting us be a part of this group and we are looking forward to getting to know you all!

                                      Thanks,
                                      Kimberlie

                                      --
                                      From our home to yours...

                                      Melisa & Erik Nielsen
                                      Waldorf Essentials & Homeschool Teacher Training
                                      www.waldorfessentials.com

                                    • kimberliesheff
                                      Message 18 of 24 , Mar 14, 2013
                                        Thanks M Nielsen! I Live in north Lehi, right by the point of the mountain.

                                        --- In Utah-Waldorf@yahoogroups.com, M Nielsen <waldorfessentials@...> wrote:

                                        > Welcome Kimberlie! Where do you live?
                                        >
                                        > On Thu, Mar 14, 2013 at 1:57 PM, kimberliesheff <sheffields@...>wrote:
                                        >
                                        > > **
                                        > >

                                        > > Hi, I'm Kimberlie and we have been homeschooling for 3 years now. I have a
                                        > > daughter 8, a daughter 5, and a 2 year old boy! I just recently learned
                                        > > about Waldorf education from my cousin in Missouri. When she came to visit
                                        > > recently she was telling me about this amazing Waldorf charter school that
                                        > > her kids go to and about the fun activites that they do. I was very
                                        > > curious, started researching and have decided that this is the way I want
                                        > > my children to learn.
                                        > > Anyway, thanks for letting us be a part of this group and we are looking
                                        > > forward to getting to know you all!
                                        > >
                                        > > Thanks,
                                        > > Kimberlie
                                        > >

                                        > --
                                        > From our home to yours...
                                        >
                                        > Melisa & Erik Nielsen
                                        > Waldorf Essentials & Homeschool Teacher Training
                                        > www.waldorfessentials.com

                                      • M Nielsen
                                        Message 19 of 24 , Mar 14, 2013
                                          Wonderful! so you will be able to enjoy activities in both valleys! You can see the SLC area schedule on our site at threefoldutah.com

                                          Blessings and welcome again!

                                          --
                                          From our home to yours...

                                          Message 20 of 24 , Mar 14, 2013
                                            Hi Kimberlie!

                                            Welcome!  I live close by you! I live in Highland! I have a daughter who is close in age to your 8 year old.  She is 9.
                                            Melisa Nielsen is a great resource if you're just starting out learning about Waldorf curriculum.  The Salt Lake group also holds wonderful activities, some for children, and some for adults.  We recently enjoyed a watercoloring class for the children there.  We also enjoyed a Lantern Walk recently in Utah County in celebration of Candlemas.

                                            I toured a Charter School recently and was just so impressed by what I saw there, so I can understand your cousin's comments.  I find it interesting there are private and charter schools in all the states surrounding Utah, but there are none here.  We have quite a lot of homeschoolers in Utah and a grass roots and budding interest in Waldorf here.  I'm glad you found Waldorf Education!  It's such a blessing to families!

                                            Warmly,
                                            Krystelle

                                            On Thu, Mar 14, 2013 at 2:00 PM, M Nielsen <waldorfessentials@...> wrote:

                                            Welcome Kimberlie! Where do you live?

                                            On Thu, Mar 14, 2013 at 1:57 PM, kimberliesheff <sheffields@...> wrote:

                                            Hi, I'm Kimberlie and we have been homeschooling for 3 years now. I have a daughter 8, a daughter 5, and a 2 year old boy! I just recently learned about Waldorf education from my cousin in Missouri. When she came to visit recently she was telling me about this amazing Waldorf charter school that her kids go to and about the fun activites that they do. I was very curious, started researching and have decided that this is the way I want my children to learn.
                                            Anyway, thanks for letting us be a part of this group and we are looking forward to getting to know you all!

                                            Thanks,
                                            Kimberlie

                                            --
                                            From our home to yours...