FS: Explorers, Pilgrims, and Indians

  • hiddenbooks
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 1, 2005
      Hi,

      I have the following books available. Postage extra. Postal
      insurance is available at buyer's expense. I am not responsible
      for
      lost or damaged items. I accept non-credit card payments through
      paypal or money orders. Payment needs to be received within 7
      days.
      These books come from a non-smoking home.

      Thanks!

      AMERICA IS BORN A HISTORY FOR PETER by Gerald W. Johnson,
      illustrated by Leonard Everett Fisher - HB with dust jacket in mylar
      cover, ex-lib, copyright 1959, 254 pages, last end page torn out,
      binding tight, very good condition. "This book is a distinguished
      and brilliant history of the beginnings of our country. It starts
      it the fifteenth century, when King Ferdinand and Queen Isabella of
      Spain listened at last to the petition of a wild man named
      Columbus. It ends in 1787, when a group of state delegates sat down
      in Philadelphia to see how they could strengthen the government of
      their hard-won nation. Mr. Johnson does not simply tell what people
      did; he explains how they felt about the things they did."
      Recommended by TruthQuest History. $3

      CARTIER SAILS THE ST. LAWRENCE retold by Esther Averill - HB, ex-
      lib, copyright 1937, 1956, binding tight, very good condition.
      Recommended by TruthQuest History. $4

      EXPLORATION AND CONQUEST THE AMERICAS AFTER COLUMBUS: 1500-1620 by
      Betsy & Giulio Maaestro - HB with dust jacket in mylar cover, ex-
      lib, binding tight, very good condition. $3

      THE DISCOVERY OF THE AMERICAS by Betsy and Giulio Maestro - HB with
      dust jacket in mylar cover, ex-lib, binding tight, good
      condition. "The Discovery of the Americas is a true story more
      amazing than fiction. Betsy Maestro's clear, simple language makes
      this saga of discovery and rediscovery as fascinating to six-year
      olds as it will be to older readers. And Giulio Maestro's detailed,
      panoramic illustrations invite young readers to become a part of
      centuries of surprise and adventure." $3

      THE WORLD OF COLUMBUS AND SONS by Genevieve Foster - HB with dust
      jacket in mylar cover, ex-lib, copyright 1965, last end page torn
      out, binding tight, good condition. Recommended by TruthQuest
      History, Beautiful Feet. $11

      INDIAN MUSIC MAKERS by Robert Hofsinde - HB with dust jacket in
      mylar cover, ex-lib, copyright 1967, binding tight, good condition.
      Recommended by TruthQuest History. $3

      SQUANTO AND THE FIRST THANKSGIVING by Joyce K. Kessel - HB with dust
      jacket in mylar cover, ex-lib, Carolrhoda book, 48 pages, binding
      tight, good condition. Recommended by TruthQuest History, Tapestry
      of Grace. $2.95

      THANKSGIVING DAY by Robert Merrill Bartlett (Crowell Holiday Book) -
      HB with dust jacket in mylar cover, ex-lib, copyright 1965, binding
      tight, good reading copy. $1.75

      THE DOUBLE LIFE OF POCAHONTAS by Jean Fritz - HB with dust jacket in
      mylar cover, ex-lib, copyright 1983, binding tight, good condition.
      Recommended by TruthQuest History, Tapestry of Grace. $3

      THE FIRST THANKSGIVING by Linda Hayward - HB, ex-lib, 48 pages, step
      into reading, binding tight, good condition. Elementary age.
      Recommended by TruthQuest History, Tapestry of Grace. $2.75

      THE PILGRIMS AT PLYMOUTH by Lucille Recht Penner - oversized HB, ex-
      lib, Picture Landmark book published by Random House, some corner
      wear, binding tight, pages clean, very good condition. $3

      THE PLYMOUTH THANKSGIVING written and illustrated by Leonard
      Weisgard - HB with dust jacket in mylar cover, ex-lib, some corner
      wear, binding tight, good condition. Recommended by TruthQuest
      History, Principle Approach. $2.75

      THE TRUE STORY OF POCAHONTAS by Lucille Recht Penner - HB, ex-lib,
      binding tight, very good condition. Recommended by TruthQuest
      History. $3

      WILLIAM'S HOUSE by Ginger Howard - HB with dust jacket in mylar
      cover, ex-lib, binding tight, very good condition. Recommended by
      TruthQuest History. $3

      Thanks for looking,
      Suzette