***Grade 4 Curriculum***

  • macconnell
    Message 1 of 52 , Mar 1, 2001
      Easy Grammar 4th and 5th Grade - There's no easy way to learn grammar, but this approach may be the simplest to understand and use.  Concepts are presented in small, understandable increments, followed by plenty of practice.  Prepositions are presented first so that the student can eliminate prepositional phrases to see the core of the sentence.  This is such a convenient grammar curriculum.  There is no preparation time and this can be used for two grade levels, so it's extremely economical.  A few pages have been very effectively erased, but we did most of the exercises orally or on a separate sheet of paper.  This book is in very good, almost like new condition.

      Teach Me Respect Christian Activity Book - What virtue do today's children need most to learn?  Many adults would probably say, "Respect!"  This book provides a variety of Bible related activities to help children understand what it means to respect God, parents, other people, and even themselves.  Also included are suggestions for Bible stories that emphasize the importance of showing respect in everyday life and Bible verses that will help children understand that respect is a heart attitude that God expects every Christian to have.  This activity book is for grades 4-6.  It is brand new and completely unused.

      JUMP*START 4TH GRADE ADVENTURES CD-ROM - A full year's curriculum is included on this CD-ROM.  Skills taught include the following: history, famous people, earth science, natural science, geography, parts of speech, spelling, grammar, story creation, equations, division with remainders, multiplication, addition, subtraction, decimals, fractions, units of measurement, art history, and musical clefs.  This CD-ROM is in excellent condition.

      Silver Burdett & Ginn Science Workbook - This workbook can be used on its own or you can build your own study around it.  It is completely unused and contains many fun and interesting activities.  Chapters include: Animals that live together; The world of plants; Food chains and food webs; How living things survive; Measuring matter; Energy and machines; Heat energy; Electricity and magnetism; Rocks and minerals, The earth's oceans; Measuring weather; The solar system; Using food; and The sense organs.

      CHRISTIANS CELEBRATE: SPECIAL ACTIVITIES FOR EVERY MONTH IN THE YEAR - A unique special-day book, CHRISTIANS CELEBRATE provides something for every month in the year.  The seasons are emphasized as well as religious holidays.  It is filled with activity ideas and materials relating to the major celebrations of the year.  Detailed instructions are given for making each item.  Activities include: a lollipop angel for Christmas, a mosaic for Thanksgiving, a snowman mobile for January, fabric hearts and flowers for Valentine's Day, pinwheels for Spring, shadow crosses for Easter, a vase for Mother's Day, Bible women activity sheet for May, a pencil holder for Father's Day, men of the Bible activity sheet for June, a soldier for the 4th of July, Presidential puzzle for July, a boat mobile for August, and much, much more.  Answer sheets are included.  This oversized softcover is brand new and in excellent condition.

      I am selling all of these 4th grade materials as a boxed set for $45.00 ppd.  Please email me directly if you are interested.  Thanks so much.  Blessings,  Cheryl
    • macconnell
      Message 52 of 52 , Mar 12, 2002
        States & Capitals Cassette And Book ~ Learning our 50 states and their capitals has never been more fun! Children travel through each state learning important facts and trivia while singing. "I want to learn about my country and learn about each state. I want to learn all the facts that make our nation great." Than, all states are sung in alphabetical order to the old favorite tune "Turkey in the Straw." Once children are familiar with the tune, the song is repeated in double time which adds to the excitement of memorizing our 50 states. Learning each state's capital becomes a snap as "Learning Our Capitals" is sung to the melody of America's popular "Yankee Doodle." The excitement mounts as children are encouraged to shout out the missing state as each capital is given. Side 2 of the tape is designed for school productions so that children can sing and recite facts about each state and perform each song with the orchestral accompaniment. Also included: Lyrics and sheet music to each song, crossword puzzles, graphs and wordfinds, poetry and creative writing activities, our 50 states study map, US study guide for each capital city and its abbreviation, and a bonus 24-page activity book. For ages 7-12.

        Learning Adventures In Reading: Engaging Activities to Develop Sound Reading and Writing Skills - This book is filled with puzzles, games, riddles, and lots of other fun stuff.  All activities can be done either alone or with family and friends.  You'll be exercising your brain and having fun, all at the same time.  The activities covered in this brand new, never used workbook are as follows: Phonics and Spelling, Vocabulary, Reading Comprehension, Writing, Grammar, Usage, Mechanic and Study Skills.  Also included in this workbook are puzzles, a complete answer key and a section on How Do You Foster Your Child's Interest in Learning.  This workbook is for grades 3 and 4.

        Learning Adventures In Science: Fun and Engaging Activities to Provide a Thorough Review of Critical Science Skills - This workbook is filled with all kinds of fun learning activities, including: Inquiry Skills; Life Science; Physical Science; Earth and Space; Technology, and Health.  Your child will learn about: animals, fossils, weather, energy, food, food chain, nature, the environment, light, the moon, volcanoes, and much, much more.  A complete answer key is included.  This workbook is brand new and completely unused.  It is for grades 3 and 4.

        Man The Thinker ~ A million years ago, Man appeared on earth...  A creature without fangs or claws, without hoofs or horns, without scales or fur.  How did he compete with the animals?  By what means did he come to be master of the earth?  From pole to pole, from east to weat, Man is lord of all he surveys.  He has harnessed the rivers, created new lakes, watered the deserts, cut continents apart.  His ships outswim the whale, his cars outrun the cheetah, his planes outfly the falcon.  The soke of his factories darkens the sky.  He is dwarfed by his own buildings, he is lost in the maze of his own highways.  How did this happen?  The answer lies in Man's wonderful body and mind, Nature's highest achievement.  It is by means of his body and mind and for the sake of his body and mind that Man has subdued the animals, mastered the plants, invented the arts, explored the earth, split the atom.  This wonderful science book is an ex-library book, but it is in good condition.  Hardcover.  We just finished with this and my daughter learned quite a bit.

        Strain Your Brain: Ideas For Creative Thinking ~  This book will really get your child thinking and using his imaginative and logic skills.  It is such a fun book, your student won't even know he is learning!   This oversized softcover is in wonderful condition and can be used for a variety of grade levels.

        Math Fractions Workbook ~ This workbook can be used with multiple grades.  It gives very complete practice with fractions.  Lessons include: identify equal parts, find the number of equal parts, write a fraction for part of a whole, write a fraction for part of a set, use pictures to find equal fractions, multiply to find equal fractions, divide to find equal fractions, compare fractions, add fractions, subtract fractions, write mixed numbers, find a fractional part of a number, a review, and a final test of skills learned.  A complete answer key is included.  This workbook is unused and in great condition.

        Math Multiplication Workbook ~ This workbook can be used with multiple grades.  It gives very complete practice with fractions.  Lessons include: multiply using pictures, multiply using 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, as a factor, multiply 0 and 1 as factors, multiply facts 0-81, multiply a 2-digit number by a 1-digit number, multiples of 10, a review, and a final test of skills learned.  A complete answer key is includes.  This workbook is unused and in great condition.

        The Lucky Pocket Rhyming Dictionary - This is a take-anywhere, easy-to-use guide for writing poetry, songs, stories, and more.  It is in brand new condition.

        I am selling all of these 4th grade materials as a boxed set for $36.10 ppd. and insured.  Please email me directly if you are interested.  Thanks so much.  Blessings,  Cheryl