***NEW BOOKS 4 U***

  • macconnell
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 1, 2000
      My husband and I are in the process of putting together a website where we will be offering wonderfully unique books that have been carefully chosen by us.  In the meantime, until the website is up and running, we have many brand new books to offer that would be perfect additions to your home library.  And it certainly isn't too early to start shopping for Christmas.  We hope you find something that interests you.  Please email us directly to place an order.  We will gladly pay shipping on all purchases of $15.00 or more.  Please feel free to combine books from all our posts to qualify for free shipping.  Have fun browsing!!!!!

      SAFETY ZONES - Favorite friends, special places, happy memories, strong traditions, faith in God---the author reminds you that these sources of strength and stability are ''safety zones'' that shouldn't be taken for granted. She'll help you find the place in your life where you can retreat for rest and refreshment during times of turmoil, pain, change, and loss. 163 pages, softcover.  $7.00

      HOPE IN THE FAST LANE - Our fast-paced lives breed addictive behavior. The author calls it "the Sin-disease," and in this honest account he shares his own struggle with anxiety, frustration, and compulsive behavior to show you how to "break the habits" in your own life. Learn how to confront your own character flaws, find your way back to God, and support others also battling the "disease." 260 pages, softcover.  $8.00

      LOVE LETTERS: RESPONDING TO CHILDREN IN PAIN - For hurting children and the grown-ups who love them, these Love Letters are warm answers to letters from children who have experienced major hurts. Each page is filled with actual letters and pictures written and drawn by kids, along with sympathetic and comforting responses by Sanford. 120 pages, 9'' x 9'' softcover.  $8.00

      MANAGING YOUR RESTLESS SEARCH - If you feel the need to be and do more for God but don't know where to begin, the author offers you insightful and practical ways to deal with this ''nagging restlessness.'' She helps you discover more about yourself and your gifts, so you can learn to serve God in ways that are distinctly your own. 156 pages, softcover.  $8.00

      TRYING TO BE GOOD - Plenty of books deal with how Christians should react to moral problems. But the New Testament gives guidelines on how to act at all times. Professor Schmidt examines these biblical principles and shows you how to apply them in your relationship with God, other believers, and the world. 192 pages, softcover.  $8.00

      SUCCEEDING IN BUSINESS WITHOUT LOSING YOUR FAITH - According to modern myth, it's impossible to mix a Christian lifestyle with a career. But the author shows you how to do just that by following the same godly principles at work, home, and church. Includes chapter questions. 230 pages, hardcover.  $12.00

      RECONNECTING - It can happen before you realize it. You spend time with God daily, you actively worship and serve him, and yet you unintentionally drift away from him. Now Pastor Floyd shows you how to renew and preserve the three vital elements of a powerful spiritual life so you can reconnect with God! 168 pages, hardcover.

      PARENTING: QUESTIONS WOMEN ASK - Drugs, peer pressure, promiscuity---today's kids face some tough moral decisions. How can Christian mothers encourage their children to follow God's path? This insightful book will give you practical advice about nurturing your child's self-esteem and faith---and help you to sharpen your own parenting skills. 149 pages, hardcover.  $12.00

      ESCAPE THE TRAP - Now there's help for perfectionists---and those who live with them! Dr. Walters shows you how to escape the trap of perfectionism by learning how to deal with procrastination and workaholism, perfectionism and parenting, and life with a perfectionist. Includes prayer suggestions, illustrations, and self-tests. 126 pages, softcover.  $7.00

      EVEN THE DARKNESS - After accepting his first pastorate, Scott Daniels discovers he is totally unprepared for the stress he must face and turns to a woman in his congregation for comfort. When her husband reacts violently, Scott must act decisively to save lives---including his own. Is his faith deep enough to overcome his shortcomings? 228 pages, softcover.  $10.00

    • macconnell
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 1, 2000
        My husband and I are in the process of putting together a website where we
        will be offering wonderfully unique books that have been carefully chosen by
        us. In the meantime, until the website is up and running, we have many
        brand new books to offer that would be perfect additions to your home
        library. And it certainly isn't too early to start shopping for Christmas.
        We hope you find something that interests you. Please email us directly to
        place an order. We will gladly pay shipping on all purchases of $15.00 or
        more. Please feel free to combine books from all our posts to qualify for
        free shipping. Have fun browsing!!!!!

        HOW TO ENJOY RAISING YOUR CHILDREN - Parenting is an exciting adventure!
        Focusing on the tremendous difference your attitude can make in shaping your
        children's behavior, the author shows you how to enjoy the challenges and
        rewards of parenting while building strong, loving relationships within your
        family. 160 pages, softcover. $8.00

        CONFESSIONS FROM THE FAR SIDE OF THIRTY - What's life like after thirty?
        For the author it's full of humor and a deep appreciation for God's
        limitless grace. This book answers such deep questions as "Is there life
        after cellulite?" and "Is life now a never-ending crusade to discover new
        nd more efficient ways to ingest fiber?" Trade in your wrinkles for laugh
        lines! 208 pages, softcover. $8.00

        LOVE 'N' ROMANCE: A KEEPSAKE BOOK - You're the perfect twosome, but striving
        to perfect your love life is a lifelong process. The author shares
        motivating thoughts on friendship, communication, commitment, and more and
        combines them with great ideas for romantic surprises and getaways. Her
        sound advice is sure to add spice to your loving relationship! This gift
        book features softly colored illustrations. 60 pages, 6" x 6.25" hardcover.
        $10.00

        FREE FROM THE PAST: GOD'S PROMISED FOR ADULT CHILDREN OF ALCOHOLICS -
        Childhood wounds inflicted by an alcoholic parent can continue to burn
        unchecked like an underground fire. But God---our ultimate parent---provides
        the love and compassion to heal the wounds of the past and the encouragement
        to face the future through these topically arranged biblical passages. 184
        pages, softcover. $5.00

        CELEBRATING LIFE - The author makes no bones about it: life can be hard. But
        when you consider Christ's love and redemption, there are endless reasons to
        celebrate it! Drawing from Scripture and his personal experience, the
        author empowers you with a childlike enthusiasm for living and the will to
        maintain it. 125 pages, softcover. $5.00

        JUST BETWEEN US: DAILY THOUGHTS FOR BUSY PARENTS - Have parental
        priorities
        left you with little time to devote to your relationship with God - and your
        spouse? Parenting is so all-consuming that sometimes it leaves little time
        for anything else. This book encourages couples to take time out for God -
        and each other. For each day of the year this book delivers a personal
        anecdote or insight - something eye-opening, sometimes touching, sometimes
        amusing, but always inspiring. The fresh simplicity and relevancy of these
        thought-provoking vignettes will encourage discussion between parents and
        provide an incentive for a heartfelt, intimate prayer life. JUST BETWEEN US
        is the perfect companion to the Bible for busy parents who want to put God
        first in their lives. It will become a welcome addition to your daily life.
        Softcover. $10.00

        BIBLE WISDOM FOR PARENTS OF TEENS - Watching your teens grow---both
        physically and emotionally---is a mixed blessing of delight and frustration.
        This handy collection of reflections, prayers, and topically arranged Bible
        verses offers biblical advice for everything from the struggle against
        raging hormones to pleas for independence! 166 pages, 4" x 6" softcover.
        $5.00

        THE POWER OF REALISTIC THINKING: HOW TO COPE WHEN HOW-TO BOOKS FAIL - What
        do we do when all we have struggled for fails us? According to the author,
        we are seduced by the false belief that if we work hard enough, we'll get
        our due reward. In this compelling book, he shows that the end of our
        fantasies can be the beginning of a life based on the reality of God. 210
        pages, softcover. $8.00

        Our Family Treasury - Remember Grandpa's big bear hugs? Or how your mother
        would hum a favorite hymn? Now you can record all your precious memories in
        this special keepsake book! Preserve your family legacy---from your own
        personal history to weddings, birthdays, spiritual milestones, heirlooms,
        recipes, anecdotes, and more---for future generations to cherish. 96 pages,
        hardcover. $15.00

        SUNRISE: A SUPPORT PROGRAM FOR CHILDREN OF DIVORCED PARENTS - With the
        Sunrise program, your church can establish a support group for the forgotten
        victims of divorce---children. Under the direction of an adult, kids (ages 5
        to 18) participate in activities that help them deal with their loss and
        begin healing through God. 145 pages with reproducible handouts, softcover.
        $12.00

      • macconnell
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 3, 2000

          My husband and I are in the process of putting together a website where we will be offering wonderfully unique books that have been carefully chosen by us.  In the meantime, until the website is up and running, we have many brand new books to offer that would be perfect additions to your home library.  And it certainly isn't too early to start shopping for Christmas.  We hope you find something that interests you.  Please email us directly to place an order.  We will gladly pay shipping on all purchases of $15.00 or more.  Please feel free to combine books from all our posts to qualify for free shipping.  Have fun browsing!!!!!

          HE WASN'T TOO YOUNG - Preteens are too young to consider suicide---right? Wrong! Child-suicide rates continue to climb at an alarming pace in America. This compassionate story told from a child's perspective helps explain this disturbing phenomenon, how to pray about it, and what can be done about it with God's help. Softcover.  $3.00

          LET'S TALK, LET'S LISTEN TOO - Communication between you and your kids is one of the keys to family unity and happiness, but it doesn't come naturally! These stories, skits, and games will help your family learn to freely express feelings, listen to each other, and avoid getting mixed messages. 132 pages, softcover.  $10.00

          THE CONTEST KID STRIKES AGAIN - Adapted for ABC TV's Weekend Special, this madcap adventure will have your kids spellbound! The assistant mayor plans on ridding the town of Hawkins, everyone's favorite gentleman. But what the mayor doesn't know is that Hawkins has plans of his own that'll have the mayor reeling and your kids rolling with laughter! 160 pages, softcover.  $4.00

          THE FAMILY DISCIPLESHIP HANDBOOK - Go beyond simply raising your kids---disciple them! Brimming with original ideas, this innovative handbook helps you overcome the ''same old routine'' and creatively---and permanently---impact your children's lives with biblical values and principles. 135 pages, softcover.  $8.00

          A PARENT'S GUIDE TO CHILDREN'S READING - Knowing when to start and what to read are two of the biggest obstacles parents face in helping their kids develop an interest in reading. The author's advice? Begin now; children are never too young to fall in love with words! This resource gives you indispensable advice, hundreds of ideas, and more than 70 pages of recommended books and magazines (sorted by age groups). 271 pages, hardcover.  $12.00

          DO YOU KNOW WHERE YOUR CHILDREN ARE? - They could be sitting at the dinner table or lounging in the family room but do you know where your kids are emotionally? When your teen becomes a stranger you need to fill the communication gap before it gets even wider. The author, director of a home for runaway teens, gives you strategies for maintaining---and renewing---close, loving relationships with your kids. 189 pages, softcover.  $6.00

          FAMILY CYCLES - Ever wonder why you react in certain ways to your child? A child psychologist  shows you how patterns get passed from generation to generation, and explains how understanding the way you were raised can make you a better parent. You can avoid repeating the past---and create a better future for all of you! 930 pages, softcover.  $10.00

          52 WAYS TO PROTECT YOURSELF FROM CANCER - The best solution is prevention, and inside this book you'll find practical tips for protecting yourself and those you love from developing cancer. From early detection measures to making better food choices, it is designed to help you easily incorporate one new preventive measure each week of the year. 142 pages, softcover.  $7.00

          52 WAYS TO PROTECT YOURSELF FROM HEART DISEASE - According to The U.S. Surgeon General's Report, the odds that you'll die from cardiovascular disease are well over 43 percent. But you can reduce your chances of becoming part of this grim statistic by following the easy and practical suggestions in this handy book. The result? A happier, healthier heart---one that will last a long life. 138 pages, softcover.  $7.00

          HOW TO RAISE AN MVP - Learn how to raise an MVP---a Most Valuable Person! In this down-to-earth book, the parents of NBA star David Robinson (who is also a classical pianist, computer genius, and Annapolis graduate!) give you solid advice so that you can help your children be winners in life. 224 pages, hardcover.  $12.00

          HUDDLE UP - With humor, honesty, and a biblically based outlook, the author shares how, as a single mother of five, she built her family into a close-knit, healthy, and loving unit. Handling the anger, guilt, sibling rivalries, fatigue, and forgiveness on her own was an awesome task, but ''God is in the business of redeeming, healing, restoring, and mending.'' 191 pages, softcover.  $8.00

          THE PRICE OF A PERFECT BABY - Are scientists returning to the Tower of Babel mindset---"Let us make man. . . ."? A former TV news reporter provides you with an informative, biblically based answer as he examines the genetic revolution, test-tube babies, surrogate motherhood, and selective genetics. 190 pages, softcover.  $5.00