FOR SALE: New Workbooks ~ Language Arts Writing Science Math

  • Jeff/Lauralee Spence
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 1, 2007
      ***Please only respond if you are serious about purchasing and intend to make payment!!!  So unfair to me and others when you don't......***

      I still have some brand new workbooks left to sell. These are for elementary and middle school students. They are brand new and tend to lean toward gifted students.
      I accept Paypal & U.S. Post Office Money Orders only (no other types of money orders are accepted).

      Shipping is $3.00 (1 book) via media mail with delivery confirmation. I am happy to combine shipping ~ please email me for a quote.

      ***I cannot be responsible for items after they have been mailed. Optional insurance is at the discretion and cost of the buyer. As of May 14, 2007, insurance rates were $1.65 for the first $50.00 coverage.***

      These come from a non-smoking home. My 3 cats and 2 dogs do not smoke either, nor do they have access to my books/supplies.

      Thanks! Lauralee >^.^<

      Language Arts/Reading/ Writing

      *Extra! Extra! Advanced Reading & Writing Activities for Language Arts, by Terri L. Crowder. Grades K-2. Contains Reproducible Pages!! NEW!!

      This book includes standards-based independent language arts activities for students in grades K-2. Teachers and parents will appreciate the flexibility of these activities for very young advanced learners because they target several learning styles and can be used for an individual or a group of students at home or in a classroom setting.

      $6.00 (Retails $11.95)

      *Primarily Research, by Judy Leimbach. Grades 1-3. Reproducible Pages!! NEW!!

      This exciting research activity book builds on students' natural curiosity about animals to provide opportunities for structured research. Primarily Research eases primary students into the role of researchers by providing them with motivating topics and stimulating questions.

      $6.00 (Retails $11.95)

      *Primarily Reference Skills, by Judy Leimbach. Grades 2-4. Reproducible Pages!! NEW!!

      Help your students get a head start on research skills. Attractive reproducible worksheets introduce younger students to all the skills they will need in order to become successful library users. These are skills and information that students will use throughout their school careers.

      $6.00 (Retails $10.95)

      Science  ~ 2 copies available

      *Science Fair, by Randee Blair and Barb Smith. Grades 4-8 (or even K-6). Reproducible Pages!! NEW!!

      This handbook offers directions for organizing a science fair for an entire school. A science fair presents a once-a-year opportunity for students to select a field of science, explore that field, and present the results of their investigation to their classmates and parents.

      $5.00 (Retails $9.95)

      Math

      *Calculation Capers (Multi-Step Math Problems), by Lynne Chatham. Grades 5-8.  Reproducible Pages!!NEW!!

      This book contains 36 full-page "super" story problems, which draw from a variety of real life situations to create problems that call for not one, but a series of calculations. These are ideal for use with calculators, since the focus is not the actual calculations, but the application of mathematical principles. As students work through these problems they will get practice in defining what the problem is asking, defining what needs to be done, carrying out the appropriate operations, and checking to see if the answer makes sense. Students will have to sort out an array of facts and figures and perform a series of operations to get the correct answer. There are many ways to use these problems in the classroom -- from week-long projects, to enrichment for advanced students, to reviews and tests.

      $5.00 (Retails $9.95)