Re: Welcome a new member!

  • becky_schultz
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 13, 2008
      --- In UpperMidwestBettas@yahoogroups.com, "crownofglass" <crownofglass@...> wrote:

      > Thanks for the warm welcome, everyone! :)
      >
      > I'm Jun from MinnFish.com, but my real name is Jordan and I usually
      > go by Jo. ^_^
      >
      > Like I said, I keep marble PKs and extended red HMs, and am just now
      > getting into the breeding scene. I'm really hoping to have some red
      > marble PKs from my current pair, and if this spawn goes well I'm
      > going to invest in some copper marble Aquabid pairs in early/mid
      > summer. ;) I also have some young green CTPKs coming to me from a
      > friend in late spring.

      Hi Jo!

      Any luck with the spawns? Do you have any "homeless" marble PKs or extended Reds?

      I have a Blue Mask x Red CT spawn about two weeks old that are getting more interesting
      now that they're bigger than snail poop!

      Becky
    • ghostndragon
      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 13, 2008
        LOL!! Bigger than snail poop. Very good description. Congrats on
        your spawn.

        --- In UpperMidwestBettas@yahoogroups.com, "becky_schultz"
        <BSchultz@...> wrote:

        > --- In UpperMidwestBettas@yahoogroups.com, "crownofglass"
        <crownofglass@> wrote:

        > > Thanks for the warm welcome, everyone! :)
        > >
        > > I'm Jun from MinnFish.com, but my real name is Jordan and I
        usually
        > > go by Jo. ^_^
        > >
        > > Like I said, I keep marble PKs and extended red HMs, and am just
        now
        > > getting into the breeding scene. I'm really hoping to have some
        red
        > > marble PKs from my current pair, and if this spawn goes well I'm
        > > going to invest in some copper marble Aquabid pairs in early/mid
        > > summer. ;) I also have some young green CTPKs coming to me from a
        > > friend in late spring.
        > >

        > Hi Jo!
        >
        > Any luck with the spawns? Do you have any "homeless" marble PKs or
        extended Reds?

        > I have a Blue Mask x Red CT spawn about two weeks old that are
        getting more interesting
        > now that they're bigger than snail poop!
        >
        > Becky

      • crownofglass
        Message 3 of 7 , Mar 16, 2008
          <BSchultz@...> wrote:

          > --- In UpperMidwestBettas@yahoogroups.com, "crownofglass"
          <crownofglass@> wrote:

          > > Thanks for the warm welcome, everyone! :)
          > >
          > > I'm Jun from MinnFish.com, but my real name is Jordan and I
          usually
          > > go by Jo. ^_^
          > >
          > > Like I said, I keep marble PKs and extended red HMs, and am just
          now
          > > getting into the breeding scene. I'm really hoping to have some
          red
          > > marble PKs from my current pair, and if this spawn goes well I'm
          > > going to invest in some copper marble Aquabid pairs in early/mid
          > > summer. ;) I also have some young green CTPKs coming to me from a
          > > friend in late spring.
          > >

          > Hi Jo!
          >
          > Any luck with the spawns? Do you have any "homeless" marble PKs or
          extended Reds?

          > I have a Blue Mask x Red CT spawn about two weeks old that are
          getting more interesting
          > now that they're bigger than snail poop!
          >
          > Becky

          Hello Becky, :)

          Sadly, no luck with the spawns yet. :( I was in the process of
          conditioning a trio of red marble PKs, when I went away for a long
          weekend and columnaris struck my sorority tank (I had the temp turned
          up because I thought I saw ich on one of my cories, and I think the
          elevated temp caused it to become active. Still not sure who it came
          in on, though). ;__; I lost all but 2 girls of 15. All my other males
          are fine, but I'm leery of introducing columnaris to the breeding
          tank by using one of the remaining females (A marble SD). I'm
          rebuilding the sorority in another tank, and so far have two copper
          PK girls, a piebald black lace (Who I'm starting to suspect is
          actually male. *Sigh.*), a green HM, a mustard gas HM, and a
          cornflower blue VT that captured my mother with a "bring me home"
          dance. They'll be joined by 3 green CTPK girls at the end of the
          month. :)

          The only boys that are still up for adoption at this point are dark
          bicolour PKs. *Shrug.* Wonderful personalities but not much for
          colour. :P

          WOW, sorry for the long-windedness. Have fun with your spawn!! :D
          Sounds like an interesting cross, I'd love to hear updates on how
          they colour up. :) I have a DTCT male who I'd like to cross with a
          ext. red or blue CT girl. I'd be interested in buying one/trading for
          one if you happen to get a few. :D

          Hopefully I'll have a pair ready to go at the end of the month
          myself. Copper PKs, looks like. :3 Yaay!

          Jo