problems in hot springs arkansas

  • Steve
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 1, 2003
      Dear Friends
      The first meeting caused such a stir. Complaints have been filed
      with the city about me meeting above a book store. The city said by
      making the following flyer we where establishing church. And of
      course complaints were filed with the planning department. People
      caused such a stink that the bookstore owner will no longer let us
      hold meetings there. Wow what a powerful flyer. If we hold meetings
      in the city limits even in a home and advertise we have to have a
      $75.00 Permit from the city.

      Well I have lost my building but not my church. People are a church
      not a building.
      http://www.roselong.com
      Send your comments and suggestions.
      ULC Hot Springs

      Rev.Steven E. Long D.D .

      Meetings Starting
      Sunday July 27th 2 P.M.
      For Information Call (501) 538-1673 (Local In Hot Springs)

      Our Doctrine

      We, as an organization, believe only in that which is RIGHT. Each
      individual has the privilege and responsibility to determine what is
      RIGHT for her/himself - as long as it does not infringe on the RIGHTS
      of others.

      Moslem, Christian, Jewish, whatever your Faith, BE AT One with
      GOD...There is No GOD, But God.

      WE ARE ONE !
      Place names vary. The Topography of the land changes. People are
      born, live, and die in regions of the world unknown to us as
      individuals. Systems of Faith spring up in all forms throughout the
      world. People reach out to understand who, and what they are. GOD IS
      THERE.

      Statement Of Faith

      We do not stand between you and God !

      Romans 14

      1Welcome with open arms fellow believers who don't see things the way
      you do. And don't jump all over them every time they do or say
      something you don't agree with--even when it seems that they are
      strong on opinions but weak in the faith department. Remember, they
      have their own history to deal with. Treat them gently.

      22Cultivate your own relationship with God, but don't impose it on
      others. You're fortunate if your behavior and your belief are
      coherent.
      Everyone's relationship is different !

      We want to be component,to be proficient,to be cooperative,to love
      our fellow man,to appreciate,to be humble,to be moral,to live
      positively,to be what we profess . "WE ARE ONE!" To the Universal
      Life Church Hot Springs, education is the key to uniting people
      together. Education in our varied cultures & religious beliefs &
      education in our surroundings, morals & values. The Universal Life
      Church Hot Springs holds that, in part, when one learns of the unique
      differences of those around them, one also begins to connect the
      similarities.Every person has the natural right (and the
      responsibility) to peacefully determine what is right.

      We are here to give you this forum

      What We Offer

      * Traditional Wedding Ceremonies

      * Wedding Renewal Ceremonies

      * Affirmations Of Love Ceremonies

      * An Open Forum

      * Non-Traditional Wedding Ceremonies

      * Baptismals

      * Prayer Requests

      Today from 2:00 til 4:00 a few brave souls seeking the same goal.
      To openly talk and to listen to others views on God . We had a
      wonderful talk on many subjects. And everyone had a different outlook
      on it. But we did share one common belief. God comes to us at
      different times and in different ways.

      We talked about Noah and the Ark. The question was asked "What did
      the animals eat on the Arc?"

      Also we discussed briefly the book of Thomas. Discovered in 1945 and
      not accepted by all churches. And it's relation to the movie
      Stigmata.

      We talked about spirital symbols and that the power of faith does not
      come from the symbols but, rather from the person. One member had the
      thought that it is a reminder of our faith in our God. I think of it
      as a Letterman jacket to our God.

      We even talked a little about baptism. By imersion or Sprinkling? One
      pointed out that sprinkling was used during a drought. So do you have
      to be baptised to be saved? I will let you pounder that question.
      Later I will post Bible verses on the subject.
      I have faith that God will guide you in the right direction.

      We pondered about the original text of the Bible. Was the wording
      changed to fit the times?

      Different translation say slightly different things.
      I express my view that the Modern English Translation is the easiest
      to understand. It cuts out all of the Ye and Thee puts things in
      plain English!
      But some are more enlightened by that kind of language.

      Over and over I repeated that we would listen to anything anyone had
      to say. Everyone was very respectable to everyone else.
      This gathering is a forum to express freely with out fear of being
      cast out.
      tell you friends anyone can tell you what to think. But, only God
      can lead you.
      If he points you this gathering then I will be my best to help you.

      Next Week

      I will talk about the order of writing of the Bible
      Also where and when it was translated and by whom?
      Does God have everything planned out?
      Do we have free Choice?
      I welcome both sides and will present both views.
      God will guide you to the right path.