Re: Thumb Minister Offers Services

  • Reverand Wright
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 2, 2002
      Hello there again,
      I have been ordained for about a dozen years, and have done half that many weddings. My first was in a local Wal-Mart, and in one more recently the grooms party fired a round in the air at "You may kiss the bride". We knew it was coming, but still, it REALLY affected the crowd!
      Traditional and legal wedding are what I have primarily done, by your standards, but I would perform handfastings, homosexual, or polygamous unions as well, and thus the "non-traditional" label.
      I would be coming from Cass City, Mi, in the Thumb. The bride, or an "agent"(a bridesmaid, etc.) usually dictates the type of ceremony, with bride and groom writing their vows if they want; then I just wrap those in my blessings, I feel like a farmer....
      I say "hippie minister" becuase Im not positive WHAT jesus is. I would dress appropriatly according to the event, from a plain ground-length hemp robe to Ren-Fest clothes. No collar though, no bini's or turbans, either(sorry). Tophat, where appropriate.
      As for myself, what can I say. I am a Happy father of two, husband of one. Caretaker, gardner, activist. Most importantly, I am the master of my own destiny, and hope you feel responsible for yours.
      I hope I answered your questions,
      Rev Happy
      @...> wrote: We thought about haveng a friend become ordained and performing, but none of our friends seem appropriate. So, we decided to look for outside help. Your fee is very reasonable; I guess we fall into the life time catagory. We're not *exactly* traditional, but my fiancee' and I are of the opposite sex and all the other criteria for a legal wedding. Have you done many weddings? Where about would you be travelling from? Can you tell us a little more about you?

      "Justice and love are the next things to blindness..." --E.C.
      "Patience has it's virtue still but every grace must have it's price..."--E.C.

      --- message from "Rev. A.S.\"Happy\" Wright" attached:

      Get your own mando cool and totally free email@... address at http://freemail.iamawitch.com today!

      Promote your group and strengthen ties to your members with email@... by Everyone.net http://www.everyone.net/?btn=tag
      Subject: Thumb Minister Offers Services
      Date: Sat, 27 Jul 2002 22:49:58 -0700

      I am willing to travel to the Zoo to do your wedding. I would recommend you asking a close freind to become ordained for the task, though, since it is homier and tighter then having a stranger do it. I am willing to perform any ceremony, except maybe Roman Catholic.If this is a "legal wedding", then you fall into "lifetime" on the pricelist below. If this is a real wedding, i.e. "non-traditional", simply chose your duration and mail me the type of ceremony you would wish for... Temporary Marriages:Price Range:
      On Moment True Love:Priceless
      Lifetime:$50 (includes all legal marriages)
      Eternal:$1
      All other terms and conditions negotiable. Prices not including travel expenses.
      Legal Hippie Minister now availabe for weddings.

      Divorce is not an option.
      Rev. A. S. "Happy" Wright
      The Happyhouse Church
      happyhouse@...