Re: [Universal Life Church] Catholic Ordination?

    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 1, 2002
      > "revcorey" <drcorey@a...> wrote:
      > > For those who wish to follow a catholic path, I know of a
      > independant
      > > catholic order that will ordain you as a deacon, then priest within
      > > year. you will then have a valid historical line of apostolic
      > > succession. if you would like more info you can email me anytime.
      > >
      > > God Bless!
      > >
      > > Br Corey+
      > ---------------------

      > Date: Mon, 01 Jul 2002 06:49:54 -0000
      > From: dnatureofdtrain
      > Subject: Re: Catholic Ordination?
      >
      > Reply, I to am interested, I tried replying my interest off the list
      > and I am not sure if my email went through. If I agree with the
      > order.. and if they will ordain woman as preists and clergy I am for
      > it. If not... then I won't join as that is what pushed me away from
      > Catholicism in the first place. I was on my way to becoming a
      > Catholic before I took up Heinzism.
      >
      > Thanks,
      > Rev. Dana C. L.
      > ----------------
      > "DNatureofDTrain_CaseyJones"

      ---------------------

      Hi,

      Thanks to all of you who have tried to clarify this
      point. If *any* cogregation among us is discriminating
      against the ordination of a priestess, it simply does
      not belong here, and should not be promoted among us.
      It is in violation of everything that the Universal
      Life Church stands for.

      On the other hand, if they are catholics who have
      understood and embraced Feminism, they will still have
      to prove that it is not just *tokens* they seek
      (tolerating a priestess just so that their congregation
      can appear as being liberated). The entire body of
      their spiritual practices will have to be reviewed -
      and them some! What is their stance on masturbation? On
      lesbian/ gay/ bi- trans- sexuality? Do they promote
      adoration and respect of the Feminine aspect of the
      Divine?

      Petros
      ----------------
    • Reverand Wright
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 2, 2002
        Since Religion comes not from outside, but from
        within, I am positive it is up to the ULC ministers
        what faith they practice.

        Therefore, simply stating that one is a Catholic
        Minister makes one such.

        I am sure the "catholics" may argue with that, but the
        fact is plain and simple, Which Catholics?

        The Orthodox? The Roman? The Russian? The Ethiopian?

        My point is, there are many kinds and types of every
        religion, and it is not the religion that picks the
        minister, but the minister that picks the religion.

        Thus, there are ULC Catholics with the same ordination
        the rest of us have.

        Rev Happy
        --- Petros Evdokas <petros_cyprus@...>

        =====