the situation in Palestine is desperate

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 1, 2002
      URGENT FROM PALESTINE

      Friends as you may be hearing, seeing or reading the
      situation in Palestine is desperate. Israeli forces
      have invaded almost every area of Ramallah and we are
      under heavy tank shelling and gun fire. An
      unidentified number of people are dead and scores are
      injured. Ambulances have been prevented access and
      soldiers are opening fire on them.

      There are international civilians in the areas under
      fire witnessing the carnage of the Israeli soldiers
      wreaked on the Palestinian people. Other
      internationals have been beaten down for trying to get
      into Ramallah to help Palestinians.

      We extend a plea from the Palestinians and the
      international witnesses to all of our friends abroad
      to immediately phone and/or fax your representatives
      and respective governments to demand urgent and
      decisive action to stop Israel's brutal offensive on
      the Palestinian people

      Gather, march, and protest in the streets!
      We need the voices of all good people around the
      world!

      PLEASE ACT NOW!

      For more information contact:
      (for international dialing drop the 0 before the phone
      number)
      Witnesses on the ground in Ramallah:
      Arabic / English - Huwaida 972 052 642 709
      French - Claude 972 055 559 145
      There are German and Italian speakers available as
      well

      Wintesses on the ground in Bethleham:
      (for international dialing drop the 0 before the phone
      number)
      English - Heather 972 067 270 398
      English - Georgina 972 2055 840 767
      Arabic/English - Bilal 972 052 814 992
      Italian - Francesca 00 39 3389 77 3899
      There are French and Swedish speakers available as
      well.

      %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

      Please visit:
      http://jerusalem.indymedia.org/
      -------------------------

      Mass executions:
      http://jerusalem.indymedia.org/news/2002/03/1443.php

      Photo (please beware, it's graphic, and use it only in
      accordance with respect for the dead):
      http://jerusalem.indymedia.org/uploads/5deadpals.jpg

      AlJazeera reports mass executions:
      http://jerusalem.indymedia.org/news/2002/04/2324.php

      Petros

      =====
      Please ignore all these intrusive commercial ads!

      Petros

      http://greetings.yahoo.com/