Re: ULC intentionally in Reverse?

  • jayson305
    Message 1 of 319 , Feb 2, 2002
      Of course, none of us wants a denomination that
      spoonfeeds us dogma. None of us would be interested in ULC
      if we wanted spoonfed dogma... but it is possible
      for a church to be autonomous (sp?) within an
      organization. Unity churches, for instance, are independent.
      You can go to one and hear a lot of new age talk, go
      to another and hear a lot of positive thinking talk,
      go to another and hear what seems more mainstream,
      etc. It's all up to the local ministry and not up to
      their headquarters. <br><br>So, what do we want from
      the denomination? This is a good question. Probably
      many of us would like different things... and this is
      what conferences are for, to find out what individual
      church and community needs are. <br><br>Some structure
      is desirable. Being told what to believe by some
      organization is not desirable.
    • petros_evdokas
      Message 319 of 319 , Mar 6 1:37 AM
        Friends,<br><br>Yahoo is beginning to act on
        their intent to merge the yahoo -clubs and yahoo
        -groups services, and this means we might be in for a
        bumpy ride for a few days. Please bear with us as we
        try to sort through the (inevitable) troubles this
        might cause.<br> <br>If problems arise, please write
        directly to this address petrosarbee@... , and
        please accept apologies in advance if you don�t receive
        an immediate response - please asssume that we�re
        already working on the