Re: [ U.L.C ] Woman Is Held in Death of Man Pushed Onto Subway Tracks in Queens - NYTimes.com

  • Darklady
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 30, 2012
      True, Petros -- but I think it also illustrates and underlines the
      realities of the severely mentally ill and homelessness. My
      understanding is that the woman is known to be both.

      Alas, when a society becomes ill, those with organic disorders and
      impulse control issues can adapt the prejudices of an aspect of that
      sick society and then amplify it through violent action.

      Once upon a time, words were powerful magic. They separated us from an
      animal state and connected us to the divine/our higher potential. Now we
      toss them around like they don't have real world consequences -- and the
      weakest of us all too often pay the price... and take others down with
      them. :-(

      Fear is a mind and soul killer...

      -- Theresa

      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 31, 2012
        On 30-Dec-12 9:31 PM, Darklady wrote:
        > True, Petros -- but I think it also illustrates and underlines the
        > realities of the severely mentally ill and homelessness. My
        > understanding is that the woman is known to be both.
        >
        > Alas, when a society becomes ill, those with organic disorders and
        > impulse control issues can adapt the prejudices of an aspect of that
        > sick society and then amplify it through violent action.
        >
        > Once upon a time, words were powerful magic. They separated us from an
        > animal state and connected us to the divine/our higher potential. Now we
        > toss them around like they don't have real world consequences -- and the
        > weakest of us all too often pay the price... and take others down with
        > them. :-(
        >
        > Fear is a mind and soul killer...
        >
        > -- Theresa

        Hello Theresa,

        Wonderful to have your insight on this.

        You are absolutely right: when the social environment of words, ideas
        and images is so polluted on purpose by those in power, it's only
        natural that everyone swimming in that pollution will be affected by it,
        with lethal consequences for everyone.

        And speaking of mental illness, those who control the mechanisms of
        social awareness, education, information, propaganda, etc. in the world,
        but primarily within the US, have consciously and knowingly made society
        ill this way. We might blame the particular woman who committed this
        crime (or may not be able to blame her at all, depending on the degree
        of illness that might become apparent), but the primarily guilty
        party is not her... at all. It's those who have purposefully polluted
        our society with the poison of hatred and fear.

        For example, we mourn (as we should) for the 20 children killed in
        Connecticut two weeks ago, but we mostly ignore (or are ignorant of) the
        almost 200 children killed by the US in illegal bombings of Pakistan by
        drone:
        http://www.globalresearch.ca/drone-attacks-are-acts-of-terrorism-168-children-killed-in-america-s-drone-war-in-pakistan-photographic-evidence/30603

        It's as if those children have no right to exist AND their death is by
        design - intentionally -allowed to slip by unnoticed, unmarked...
        because their death carries a horrendous message: those who are killing
        those children have full control over our lives.

        All of this makes us mad, crazy. It's the perfect marker for what you
        said: "...when a society becomes ill". The responsibility for all these
        deaths, including the death of the person who was pushed under the train
        for "looking like a Muslim", belongs to those in power. Power in this
        case means the twin-headed monster of the Corporate State, the power of
        Capital and the State which is owned, controlled and exercised by a
        handful of people for their own private interests.

        Some of our colleagues remind us that the antidote to poisonous fear and
        hatred is Love. And I'm glad they do. Others remind us that Love needs
        to be empowered, armed, in order to be effective, and so they go by the
        slogan "Arm the Spirit". I'm glad for that message too.

        That's why against all this sickening power structure,
        I support Armed Snuggle.

        Petros
        __________
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 31, 2012
          I totally agree with both of you and we need MORE armed snuggle. Human contact is a wonderful thing when done in love!!

          Rev.Steven B.Thompson,Chapter Director
          Benzie County NORML
          www.minorml.org
          (Former Executive Director of Michigan NORML
          from May,2007 to November,2011)

          "Kaneh bosm" in the
          old Hebrew scrolls, quite literally the Biblical Tree of Life, used by
          early Christians to treat everything from skin diseases to deep pain and
          despair.
          WE DO NOT MANUFACTURE A DRUG...WE GROW A PLANT!!