Re: [ U.L.C ] Greetings!

    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 22, 2012
      On 8/21/2012 11:51 PM, rainbowcharismatic wrote:
      > Hello everyone!
      >
      > My name is Alan. I'm 35, gay and in a committed monogamous
      > relationship. I was Ordained long ago (but think I may have submitted
      > a new Ordination request on accident - LOL).
      >
      > My particular belief system is complicated and difficult for me to
      > explain right now. There are several individual spiritual belief
      > systems that I have been involved in over the years, and the positive
      > and most useful bits of them I've sort of rolled into my own way of
      > life.
      >
      > Mostly, my involvement has been in the ways of Wicca, Buddhism,
      > Orisha Devotion, Christianity and Hoodoo (though Hoodoo isn't a
      > religion proper, but a practice of folk magic). I'm also an energy
      > healer and a natural empath.
      >
      > Hugs, Rev. Alan
      >
      > ------------------------------------

      Hello Alan,

      Welcome!

      I know we've corresponded in the past, and I think we're also linked via
      some social networking sites...

      Thanks for sharing a bit about your path and significant markers about
      your life. Part of what's special and wonderful about the ULC is all the
      varied and apparently "different" paths and lifestyles, beliefs and
      spiritual practices, taken collectively, that comprise a very rich and
      meaningful experience. We just have to find ways to make even better
      sense of it all; utilize if for our own spiritual and personal
      advancement as well as that of our communities.

      My interest was tickled when you stated that "My particular belief
      system is complicated and difficult for me to explain right now"! If and
      when it becomes easier to articulate, I'd be very happy to learn more
      about it.

      Thanks very much,
      Petros