Re: [ U.L.C ] Greetings!

    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 21, 2012
      Welcome Rev.Alan! Being one-quarter Cherokee myself, I tend to mix Native American beliefs with Christian beliefs. And I do believe what Jesus taught us..love never fails..so we are supposed to love one another. Love ya man!

      Rev.Steven B.Thompson,Chapter Director
      Benzie County NORML
      www.minorml.org
      (Former Executive Director of Michigan NORML
      from May,2007 to November,2011)

       Help end Cannabis Prohibition at www.repealtoday.org

      WE DO NOT MANUFACTURE A DRUG...WE GROW A PLANT!!

      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 22, 2012
        On 8/21/2012 11:51 PM, rainbowcharismatic wrote:
        > Hello everyone!
        >
        > My name is Alan. I'm 35, gay and in a committed monogamous
        > relationship. I was Ordained long ago (but think I may have submitted
        > a new Ordination request on accident - LOL).
        >
        > My particular belief system is complicated and difficult for me to
        > explain right now. There are several individual spiritual belief
        > systems that I have been involved in over the years, and the positive
        > and most useful bits of them I've sort of rolled into my own way of
        > life.
        >
        > Mostly, my involvement has been in the ways of Wicca, Buddhism,
        > Orisha Devotion, Christianity and Hoodoo (though Hoodoo isn't a
        > religion proper, but a practice of folk magic). I'm also an energy
        > healer and a natural empath.
        >
        > Hugs, Rev. Alan
        >
        > ------------------------------------

        Hello Alan,

        Welcome!

        I know we've corresponded in the past, and I think we're also linked via
        some social networking sites...

        Thanks for sharing a bit about your path and significant markers about
        your life. Part of what's special and wonderful about the ULC is all the
        varied and apparently "different" paths and lifestyles, beliefs and
        spiritual practices, taken collectively, that comprise a very rich and
        meaningful experience. We just have to find ways to make even better
        sense of it all; utilize if for our own spiritual and personal
        advancement as well as that of our communities.

        My interest was tickled when you stated that "My particular belief
        system is complicated and difficult for me to explain right now"! If and
        when it becomes easier to articulate, I'd be very happy to learn more
        about it.

        Thanks very much,
        Petros