Re: [Universal Life Church] Top Five Special Interest Groups Lobbying To Keep Cannabis Illegal

    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 30, 2012
      Just so you know Gail, I am "anti-drug use" also, which is why I rely on what God created for our needs & survival...CANNABIS THE PLANT...THE TREE OF LIFE!

      Rev.Steven B.Thompson,Chapter Director
      Benzie County NORML
      www.minorml.org
      (Former Executive Director of Michigan NORML
      from May,2007 to November,2011)

       Help end Cannabis Prohibition at www.repealtoday.org

      WE DO NOT MANUFACTURE A DRUG...WE GROW A PLANT!!

      Message 2 of 6 , May 1, 2012
        On 5/1/2012 2:34 AM, gaillakritz@... wrote:
        > I am anti-drug use. I do not appreciate receiving these
        > communications. If you must rely on drugs, you are not in control
        > of your full facilities and harm can arise.
        >
        > Gail Lakritz If you are not part of the solution, you are part of the
        > problem.
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~

        I would like to add a few things to this discussion.

        The Universal Life Church includes individuals, temples, and entire
        communities who embrace Cannabis as a Sacrament. That is, embrace it as
        a blessed substance that provides a direct path to the Divine. We ask
        that you respect other people's spiritual lives.

        Cannabis is a gift to the world from the Creator, and, as with every
        part of the creation, there are appropriate uses for Cannabis just as
        there are ways to misuse and abuse it, just like with any substance. We
        encourage people to learn the difference between use and abuse.

        The above truths apply to other Sacraments as well, including the
        Entheogens (also known as Psychedelics).

        No one has ever become ill, been poisoned or killed from the use of
        Cannabis, ever, in all of its thousands of years of documented history.
        It is one of the safest to use substances in the world.

        Authoritarian Prohibition of Cannabis is not only irrational and unjust;
        it is also unconstitutional, illegal, harmful and is the source of
        death, illness and great suffering for millions of people.

        Petros