Re: [Universal Life Church] Court: Oklahoma can't enforce Sharia law ban - Yahoo! News

  • Richard Johnson
    Message 1 of 11 , Jan 14, 2012
      Petros,

      It isn't just Islam that is the problem, it's all religions that teach of a
      fragmented universe and a hateful god of so called "conditional love". This
      is prevalent to various degrees in all of the Abrahamic religions, not just
      Islam. The only Abrahamic religion that does not teach of primitive pagan
      gods such as Allah is ironically the people from whom all of these
      Abrahamic religions derive their roots!

      And it is the OMNIPRESENT GOD of Israel that is at the core of the true
      form of Christianity of the historical Jesus, a humble carpenter who tried
      to share a mystical experience. For this he was murdered, the murder blamed
      on the Jews, who were than vilified, and his peaceful message of
      unconditional love replaced with the militaristic god(s) of conditional
      love that had already proven useful to the ruling class for centuries.

      After the murder of the historical Jesus and the scattering of his
      followers, it than became neccesary for the Roman Catholic Church to
      execute millions who objected to this travesty of Christianity over the
      next Seventeen hundred years to lock in the Roman hoax of Christianity
      based on the favorite idol of the Roman military, Mithra. Today we have
      over 37000 offshoots of this insanity that actually fight wars with each
      other over whom does god love best and who should be destroyed! Some groups
      such as Islam and the Later Day Saints, actually advocate spreading their
      insanity by the sword!

      We do not need to tolerate the abrahamic religions, we need to recognize
      the insanity for what it is, a bogus form of fear based religion designed
      to control the populace of an oppressive empire that no longer exists
      except in the minds of those poor souls trapped in these fear based
      religions! And most importantly we need to save the children from the
      madness of these groups who falsely claim to be spiritual!

      But we do need to LOVE ALL of the VICTIMS of this insanity as urged by the
      historical Jesus. Bullying people as a form of control is not from the
      OMNIPRESENT GOD! It is a method of oppression that evolved from primitive
      tribes people and their fear of the volcano god.We can see this bullying
      demonstrated by the various religions based on conditional love that say we
      will love you if you join our church and do what we say, otherwise you will
      burn in an eternal hell!

      We all need to get informed as to the Roman hoax of Christianity and it's
      over 37000 offshoots such as Islam and get involved in restoring true
      Christianity to humanity based on the OMNIPRESENT GOD that the historical
      Jesus said is LOVE, that is even now being confirmed to be real by science
      on many fronts! (some would question lumping Islam in with all of the
      patriarchal hierarchical churches that claim to be Christian, but all of
      these groups, including Islam, falsely claim to be linked with Judaism, but
      all reject the OMNIPRESENT GOD of Judaism)

      GOD is LOVE. WE are ALL ONE WITH GOD, even the unloving!

      Richard

    • Darklady
      Message 2 of 11 , Jan 14, 2012
        <snip all the pro/anti Islam comments>

        It seems to me that the bottom line in this situation is that the
        Constitution and the Bill of Rights are the law of the land in the
        United States of America (even if they don't always get applied as they
        should) and no other form of law is superior to them legally here.

        End of debate. Sharia can no more become a part of our legal code than
        the "laws" of any religion.

        -- Theresa
        Message 3 of 11 , Jan 14, 2012
          On 1/14/2012 10:34 PM, Darklady wrote:

          Sharia can no more become a part of our legal code than
          > the "laws" of any religion.

          Plus I would add a slogan I learned from Darklady:

          Let's put the fun back into fundamentalism !
          Petros
          ______
        • Darklady
          Message 4 of 11 , Jan 14, 2012
            On 1/14/2012 12:56 PM, Petros Evdokas wrote:
            > On 1/14/2012 10:34 PM, Darklady wrote:
            >
            > Sharia can no more become a part of our legal code than
            >> the "laws" of any religion.
            >

            > Plus I would add a slogan I learned from Darklady:
            >
            > Let's put the fun back into fundamentalism !
            > Petros
            > ______

            It's the least we can do after putting the fun back in dysfunctional. :-)

            -- Theresa/Darklady
            Message 5 of 11 , Jan 15, 2012
              A hateful god of so called "conditional love", the Empire, and Fitrah

              Hello,

              I'd like to select a few sentences from a recent letter from Richard,
              published here:
              and add a few short comments.

              On 1/14/2012 5:32 PM, Richard Johnson wrote:
              "...The problem, [is] all religions that teach of a fragmented universe
              and a hateful god of so called "conditional love".

              Yes, I definitely feel this is a key part of the experience that drives
              many people like us to seek unifying, loving and accepting forms of
              spiritual community, along with practices and values reflecting a direct
              relationship with a Divine unconditional love.

              Regarding the insanity created and sustained by the participation of
              religions in hatred of "the other" and wars of domination, Richard wrote:
              "...we need to recognize the insanity for what it is, a bogus form of
              fear based religion designed to control the populace of an oppressive
              empire that no longer exists except in the minds of those poor souls
              trapped in these fear based religions!"

              Yes... but I would add a little something about the empire. Today we
              live under a global Empire that is grander, more abusive, more fearsome
              and more lethal than any of the empires that have previously existed on
              earth. One of my most favourite authors, Phillip K. Dick, articulated it
              in the best way I know: "The Empire never ended", he wrote.

              And there is a horrible, unbearable truth to that, especially given the
              fact that as Richard correctly points out, entire faiths, religions and
              churches have been participating in its insanity for a long time now.
              The Empire exists and it's real; it is murderous, exploitative and the
              very antithesis of the "god" it represents.

              The only people in the world who are not aware of the existence of this
              Empire live inside the United States, side by side with people who are
              aware of it and absolutely identified with it, side by side with people
              who are aware of it and are involved in the struggle to bring it down.

              The fascinating part of it is how there can be millions of people living
              in the US who are entirely unaware of this reality. It speaks of a
              special form of mind-domination exerted by the Empire over some people;
              usually a blend of church dogma, fanatic anti-sexualism, and a constant
              diet of misinformation, disinformation, lies and propaganda.

              Back to the religions who participate in the drama of war and hatred -
              Richard wrote:
              "...And most importantly we need to save the children from the madness
              of these groups who falsely claim to be spiritual! But we do need to
              LOVE ALL of the VICTIMS of this insanity as urged by the historical
              Jesus. Bullying people as a form of control is not from the OMNIPRESENT
              GOD! "

              Yes, I embrace that.

              Richard wrote of the OMNIPRESENT GOD, and that "GOD is LOVE. WE are ALL
              ONE WITH GOD, even the unloving!"

              I feel there's great truth to that. Ironically, the only "official"
              theological expression I've seen of this comes from Islam. There may
              more ways to articulate it from the point of view of other mainstream
              and/or non-mainstream religions that I'm not aware of, and if anyone
              here knows of any I'd be happy to be informed and educated on it.

              So, within Islam, which I was raised to hate and reject as "satanic",
              exists one of the most beautiful of theological concepts. It is called
              the Fitrah (other spelling variations, exist as well).

              The belief in Fitrah is the belief that all people are endowed with a
              natural, instinctual understanding and perception of god and of god's
              people, exactly in the way Richard wrote above. There is a muslim
              educator named Christine Huda Dodge who explains it really well. Here
              are Huda's words on Fitrah:
              "Muslims believe that children are born with fitrah, an inborn, natural
              predisposition toward God that exists at birth in all human beings."
              http://www.netplaces.com/understanding-islam/raising-muslim-children/the-education-of-children.htm
              Also:
              "Muslims believe that all people are born with a natural faith in God.
              According to Islam, children are born with an innate sense of God, which
              is called the fitrah. Therefore, some people see conversion to Islam as
              a "return" back to this original, pure faith. For this reason, many
              Muslims prefer to say that they have "reverted," rather than converted
              to Islam. A common definition of the word "revert" is to "return to a
              former condition or belief." "
              http://islam.about.com/od/converts/g/revert_gt.htm

              Huda articulates that really well. Those of us who embrace the core of
              truth in All faiths, religions and spiritual practices have not yet
              found a Universal way to articulate that theological concept in a form
              applicable to All paths.

              Timothy Leary came very close to articulating almost perfectly elements
              of some sort of Universal theology in his works title "The Politics of
              Ecstasy", and "Exopsychology". His point of departure is Psychedelic
              consciousness, but it's applicable to all paths.

              I feel we need to go beyond it, even, to articulating even more unifying
              views, a broader and more organized theology that can help our people
              move forward. Many people see the sick game of religion for what it is
              and begin to seek outside of it. But the range of available options,
              when seen from the point of view of a path's capacity to infuse a person
              and a community with spiritual freedom, happiness and a higher
              consciousness, is really not very rich. Most of the times honest and
              genuine seekers are forced to exchange one set of dogmas for another, or
              find some happy medium by taking a piece from one faith and a piece from
              another to create a personal path able to serve one's needs.

              I wish we could help expand those options!
              Petros
              ______
            • Richard Johnson
              Message 6 of 11 , Jan 15, 2012
                Patros,

                I respectively disagree with you about fitra.

                Fitra is perhaps an attempt to define our relationship with what is but
                nevertheless it still promotes the perception of a fragmented universe with
                a distant cruel god. Islam still clings to a concept of a god of
                conditional love and uses unbelievable cruelty to insure it's followers
                adhere to what the leaders feel is the will of Allah. There is no real LOVE
                shown in Islam anymore than in any other patriarchal hierarchical Abrahamic
                religion based on law and judgement of MEN instead of LOVE.

                Those who strive to LOVE unconditionally such as the Sufi are hunted down
                and persecuted even though they are allegedly the mystical branch of Islam.
                And the Baha'i are also persecuted barbarically by Islam. It's just another
                variation of a fear based religion and is no closer to the TRUTH of our
                existence than the Roman hoax of Christianity.

                I call this whole group of fear based religions the "Patriarchal Religious
                Military Industrial Complex". Those currently in power use the fear that
                these primitive religions generate in their flocks to manipulate the masses
                for ends not at all in the interest of humanity.

                We all need to get informed and get involved in waking everyone up to who
                we already are in the OMNIPRESENT GOD that all of these groups reject in
                preference to their various god(s) of wrath and fear. Ironically all of
                these groups claim to be related to Judaism, but yet all of these groups
                reject the OMNIPRESENT GOD of Israel in preference to the god(s) of
                conditional love they created and still persecute any mystic who tries to
                point out the truth of our existence that the historical Jesus tried to
                demonstrate to humanity.

                Pointing out our place in the OMNIPRESENT GOD of Israel is all that the
                historical Jesus tried to do before he was murdered by the Romans who
                blamed it on the Jews and replaced his simple mystical egalitarian truth
                with the many god(s) of conditional love such as Allah and Jehovah.

                When the historical Jesus said "GOD is LOVE" he meant it literally. And
                when he said "The kingdom of GOD is within YOU" he also meant this
                literally.

                It wasn't just the Romans that feared this egalitarian truth, it was all
                oppressive regimes that utilized humanity's fears to create false religions
                based on fear as a means of political control. I call them volcano god
                religions as they evolved from early tribal gods utilized by the chiefs to
                control the tribe. For example all the chief has to do is say, "If you
                don't do as the volcano god instructed me to tell you, he will bring down
                fire on your heads just like he did to the village next door".

                This is where all of these religions evolved from and they are actually
                preventing their followers from realizing the truth of their existence. The
                lie was the power the chief had and it has evolved into the many false fear
                based religions that exist today.

                Other than the fitra concept, we seem to be following the same path towards
                wholeness. I hope I made the danger of religions such as Islam that try to
                portray LOVE as a part of their religion clear. There is no LOVE in any
                religion that stones women to death for tempting men or chops the hand off
                of a thief caught stealing a loaf of bread to feed his family.

                In LOVE,

                Richard