First Astrology School Accredited

  • rsbuscemi
    Message 1 of 319 , Aug 27, 2001
      I thought this may be of interest; astrology is
      one of the places where spirituality vivifies my
      THE ASSOCIATED PRESS<br><br> COTTSDALE, Ariz., Aug.
      27 (AP) � A school here<br> in suburban Phoenix,
      where students learn to write<br> horoscopes and give
      advice about the future, has won<br> accreditation from
      a federally recognized body, in what<br> is
      believed to be a first for a school of astrology.<br><br>
      The accreditation of the school, the Astrological<br>
      Institute, will allow it to seek approval from the<br>
      Department of Education for its students to get federal<br>
      grants and loans.<br><br> The school's founder, Joyce
      Jensen, who had been<br> seeking accreditation for years,
      said the stars were<br> favorably aligned this
      month.<br><br> "This was a very good time," said Ms. Jensen,
      courses include a "master class on<br> the asteroid
      goddesses" and "how to write an<br> astrological column,"
      offers one program: a diploma in<br> astrology and
      Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges<br> of
      Technology after demonstrating that its teachers<br> were
      qualified and that its graduates could be placed in<br>
      jobs, said Elise Scanlon, executive director of the<br>
      commission, which is based in Arlington, Va. Ms.<br> Scanlon
      and other officials in her field knew of no other<br>
      accredited astrology schools.<br><br> Judith Eaton, head of
      the Council for Higher Education<br> Accreditation in
      Washington, said the accreditation did<br> not validate
      astrology, but only recognized that the<br> school fulfilled
      its promises to students.<br><br> Tuition is $5,300.
      Day and evening classes are offered.<br> Full-time
      students can earn a diploma in 12 months.<br> But most of
      the 32 students take evening classes,<br> after
      working day jobs.<br><br> To earn a diploma, students
      must pass six required<br> courses, three each in
      astrology and psychology, and at<br> least four
      electives.<br><br> Graduates usually set up private practice, though
      some<br> are hired by holistic healing centers, spas and
      cruise<br> ships, Ms. Jensen said. She hopes to offer an
      that a person's character and fate<br> are directed at
      birth by the position of the sun, the<br> moon and the
      planets. This is charted in a horoscope,<br> which is
      often done these days with computer<br>
      software.<br><br> Scientists scoff at the pursuit.
    • petros_evdokas
      Message 319 of 319 , Mar 6, 2002
        Friends,<br><br>Yahoo is beginning to act on
        their intent to merge the yahoo -clubs and yahoo
        -groups services, and this means we might be in for a
        bumpy ride for a few days. Please bear with us as we
        try to sort through the (inevitable) troubles this
        might cause.<br> <br>If problems arise, please write
        directly to this address petrosarbee@... , and
        please accept apologies in advance if you don�t receive
        an immediate response - please asssume that we�re
        already working on the