Church to pray for Roman Catholic Bishops

  • mikeindc3
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 31, 2009
      October 31, 2009 – Washington, DC [ICNS] - The North American Old Catholic Church designated November as a month of "prayer to be offered for the bishops of the Roman Catholic Church." It is the hope of the church that the prayers will bring Christ's compassion to their hearts as they deliberate a new document on love and marriage.

      The Roman Catholic Bishops announced that at their November meeting in Baltimore, MD they will consider the approval of a 57 page pastoral letter titled "Marriage: Love and Life in the Diving Plan- A Pastoral Letter of the US Conference of Catholic Bishops ."

      The document, a draft of which was obtained by the Independent Catholic News Service, discusses marriage between men and women and that the bishops feel "…compelled to speak out against all attempts to redefine marriage so that it would no longer be exclusively the union of a man and a woman as God established and blessed it."

      "The document in its draft form contains many contradictions…" Archbishop Wynn Wagner III, Bishop Coadjutor of the church stated in a recent meeting; "while quoting the late John Paul II as saying `to form communion of persons is the vocation of everyone. All human persons are created in the image of God, who is a communion of love of three persons, and thus all are called to live in a communion of self-giving love.' it goes on to state the only two purposes of marriage Procreative and Educative- denying both homosexual persons and heterosexual persons who cannot pro-create access to the sacrament of marriage.

      We invite Catholics and people of all faiths to join us in prayer that the Roman Catholic Bishops will feel Christ alive within their hearts, and see their way clear to stand up for the Gospel of truth and love for ALL believers and all those who seek the blessings of God on their Christian marriage.

      The North American Old Catholic Church offers the sacrament of marriage to all persons, regardless of sexual orientation, ability or desire to pro-create, gender identity, or civil divorce.
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 1 9:11 PM
        mikeindc3 wrote:
        > October 31, 2009 – Washington, DC [ICNS] - The North American Old
        > Catholic Church designated November as a month of "prayer to be
        > offered for the bishops of the Roman Catholic Church." It is the hope
        > of the church that the prayers will bring Christ's compassion to
        > their hearts as they deliberate a new document on love and marriage.

        > "The document
        > ...goes on to state the only two purposes of
        > marriage Procreative and Educative- denying both homosexual persons
        > and heterosexual persons who cannot pro-create access to the
        > sacrament of marriage...

        > The North American Old Catholic Church offers the sacrament of
        > marriage to all persons, regardless of sexual orientation, ability or
        > desire to pro-create, gender identity, or civil divorce.

        Thank you. And that is the way it was ordained to be.
        Petros
        ________