Status update ...

  • Pastor Allen Evans
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 28, 2009
      You've undoubtedly heard the cautionary tale, 'Be careful what you wish for, you might get it”.

      I'm a simple guy. I try to keep things simple; it's what I do. When I pray it's most always “Lord, show me your path”, or something like that. Nothing about 'little children' or 'peace on earth', just 'show me your path. If the Lord would show my life's path to me I could walk it, and (hopefully) feel that I've achieved something spectacular with the time I've been granted here on earth. So, if my path is little children or nuclear disarmament, these things will fall into place at the proper time.

      When praying, in the back of my mind I'm thinking, if I had the spare time I'd go back to school full time, volunteer at church, and go on missionary trips, etc. To be clear, I don't have the money to quit my job or go on missionary trips. Also, the missionary trips prayer has its own sub-prayer of “I'll need a $10,000 grant to pay for it”. Now, my prayers are being fulfilled.

      When my government‑funded contract was cut by 50%, I was laid off (reduction in force). Attending school full‑time is no longer an issue, I'm fortunate to be able to attend using a scholarship. Unfortunately, volunteering at church has been problematic; the classes are in the evenings and the church's extra-curricular activities occur mostly in the evenings, too.. Oh, and I'm blessed that money hasn't yet been a problem.

      Part of my path prayer is to be able to speak publicly, leading others to Christianity and Christ. At the moment I do not speak particularly well, so that goal seems far off. Additionally, I'm not terribly familiar with the Bible. The depth of my teaching might come off as a superficial commercial: “Hey, you gotta get some of this stuff!” However, I can maintain and post to this website to attract readers, and potentially bring readers to Christ. This first message is my announcement that I will do just that.. Feedback is desired, but not required.

      For those of you who haven't accepted Christ into your life please take this opportunity to do so now. It's as easy as praying, "Jesus, come into my life and forgive all my sins.. I make you my Lord and Savior." If you said and believe it you're now a Christian. Congratulations.