Re:Help my Free School Help Society

  • Edwin Purcell
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 1, 2008
      Lloyd, I think this is a wonderful project. I would love to be involved and I have a lot of relevant experience. I am a med school prof that has run several outreach programs for underprivileged high school students as well as a ULC minister. Peace and Light, Edwin

      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 1, 2008
        --- On Fri, 10/31/08, lloyd kinder <lkindr@...> wrote:

        > - If you'd enjoy the monthly email contact for a good
        > cause and having an equal say in the direction the school
        > takes, will you click on this link
        > http://polldaddy.com/s/D746558ECFEA398C and answer any of
        > the questions there that you want to? I really appreciate
        > any help.

        Thanks Lloyd!

        I went to the above link and offered the following feedback.
        ---------

        Q:
        Are you interested in helping Golden Eagle Friends School in any of the following ways? Please put the reference numbers of statements you assent to in the comment box at the end.
        1. reading & commenting on the business plan at GEFS.lefora.com
        2. helping decide what the school will teach & how
        3. helping decide how to get teachers & students
        4. helping decide how to raise funds for teachers & students
        5. helping decide how to start other branches or chapters of the school
        6. finding good internet links to info that could be included in courses
        7. collating info for courses
        8. teaching or counseling students
        9. taking one or more courses
        10. publicising the school or the request for teachers & students via emails, websites, forums or PRs etc
        11. helping with fund-raising tasks

        A:
        Yes! I'd gladly help, if I can with 1, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 of the above.
        ---------

        Q:
        What other ideas do you think could be added to the school business plans?

        A:
        I studied the business plan. It's written in a very thorough, very honest, genuine spirit. It's totally complete in many areas, much more that most other comparable efforts.

        It shows that you are responsible, mature, and able to reflect well and creatively on all of your very rich life experiences.
        ----------
        Q:
        What other questions do you think should be on this survey?

        Perhaps on the business plan, or on some other foundational document, there should be a statement of values and priniciples. I'm refering to spiritual, social and personal values which would be the foundations for unity among those who would work together on the project.

        A:
        Some values are already implied in the business plan, but there's always a need to spell things out directly, to articulate them. Those values and principles become the motive for people to get involved. After that, it would be easy to ask people "what would you like to contribute - or what are you able to contribute - to this effort?"

        Thanks very much Lloyd, for your initiative. I was very happy to read about your personal experiences in the Business Plan,
        http://gefs.lefora.com/2008/10/30/business-plan/page1/
        I know that they are listed in summary form, but for those who know, the honesty and morally principled elements of your path are very clear.

        I'm especially impressed with your stance as a military resister and conscientious objector within the Air Force during the Vietnam war. Plus, of course, your path through non-authoritarianism, progressive politics, Ecology and Organics.

        Thank you very much!

        Petros
        ________