Flower Offering at Saipan

  • Leonardo Jose
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 20, 2008
      Last week it was a wonderful experience to attend the Flower Offering
      given by Shorin Shaku (Buddhist priest from Japan) at the monument near
      the Last Command Post on Saipan, about 60 attended, mostly from Japan.
      A temple ceremony also took place on monday at Bonsai Beach not far
      way. Many took their own lives during the last days of the battle for
      Saipan, being told that if they did not they would not remain
      Japanese. I attend and was welcomed as was another American. I have
      just returned to the states and will continue my work here in
      Brownsville, Texas. I've learned a lot from the experience and it will
      always remain with me. Shorin Shaku is a peaceful man and his ceremony
      brought peace to all that atteneded.