SSDP....We're Not Giving Up!!

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 4, 2008
      Dear Friend,

      I'm writing with great news!

      Last week, Rep. Barney Frank (D-MA) and 68 other members of the U.S. House of Representatives introduced a bill to reinstate financial aid to students with drug convictions.

      While Congressional leadership has thus far not been overly responsive to our calls to repeal the aid elimination penalty through a larger higher education bill, Rep. Frank's Removing Impediments to Students' Education (RISE) Act will now allow us to turn up the pressure and demonstrate that many Members of Congress want the penalty overturned.

      But in order to make it happen, Students for Sensible Drug Policy needs you to take action right now to make sure that the House member representing you signs on to the RISE Act and joins our call for keeping students in school and on the path to success.

      Send a letter right now at http://www.ssdp.org/rise/

      If enough representatives sign on to the RISE Act, we'll be able to send a strong signal to Congressional leadership that they must act to repeal the harmful and unfair student aid elimination penalty.

      Help us demonstrate support for repealing the penalty by writing your U.S. House representative today.

      You'll find a pre-written letter that you can edit and send at http://www.ssdp.org/rise/

      Please also consider making a donation to support SSDP's efforts at http://www.ssdp.org/donate/

      Thanks so much for continuing to support SSDP and our mission,

      Tom Angell
      SSDP Government Relations Director

      Rev.Steven B.Thompson,Director

      GENESIS 1; 11,12: And God said,"Let the earth burst forth with every sort of grass and seed-bearing plant." And so it was,and God was pleased.
      GENESIS 1; 29,31: "And look! I have given you the seed-bearing plants throughout the earth for your food." Then God looked over all that he had made,and it was excellent in every way.
      Taken from "THE LIVING BIBLE"