wishing you a most blessed Easter

  • Rev. Edwin S. Purcell, Ph.D.
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 7, 2007
      Is Easter really about the resurrection of the body or the eternal
      nature of the soul? One of the most crucial beliefs in mainstream
      Christianity is the resurrection of the body of Jesus. A careful read of
      the bible can offer a different interpretation. Virtually every
      encounter, from that of Mary Magdalene on Easter Sunday to that of Jesus
      with the disciples on the road, begins with a person who is a "stranger"
      who is afterward determine to be Jesus. These accounts would be
      consistent with Jesus as a spiritual entity communicating through the
      body of another.

      And what of us? Are we going to be spirits living in heaven with God or
      are the bodies of the righteous going to come up out of the ground and
      be active again? There is also, of course a third possibility; the
      spirit comes back in a new body (reincarnation). Personally, if I have
      to come back in a body, I would prefer a new one. I don't want to look
      like a zombie. Seriously, to me it makes no difference if his body rose
      up or not. I believe he experienced, taught and demonstrated the reality
      of the spiritual realm. That we all have this divine birthright and the
      ability to access this purer level of existence is, in my mind, what we
      celebrate on Easter. May we all be channels for love. Peace be with you.