Re: An Intro and a Question

  • Elle
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 4, 2006
      I have
      > strong feeling about how people use the bible to justify
      > descrimination and hatred and coming from a small North Florida
      town
      > that is full of "Holy Rollers" it makes me mad to see what is done
      > in Jesus' name.
      >
      > I have a question, Does anyone know if the ULC is considered a
      > recognized religion in Florida. I have checked the net and called
      > the state but have yet to get a straight answer. Does anyone here
      > know? Thank You and God Bless, Jeannie

      Hi Jeannie...

      Where are you in NoFla? I'm in Gilchrist Co. Holy Rollers? Holy Cow!
      We're a Character First county. Check THAT out!

      Round these parts, if you ain't Baptist, you are goin' straight to
      hell. The 10 commandments sit on signs next to driveways. The stars &
      bars wave proudly in front yards. Yup. It's a mindblower round here.
      NoFla is its own little world.

      When we moved here, we were called upon by the local minister. You
      know, that had NEVER happened to me in all the moves my family has
      made. I thought it was sweet at the time. At least it was a welcome
      to the neighborhood, of sorts.

      Cheers!

      Elle in NoFla Too
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 6, 2006
        Greetings from northern Michigan!!
        I have been out of town since last week and tryin to catch up on my emails, but I couldn't let this one pass.
        Welcome,gals, and you have my deepest symphathy...for where you live that is....but, with folks like you thinkin the way you do, there just might be hope for Florida yet!!
        We have a daughter in Sarasota who lost her home to Charlie in Desota County, and we took a truck & van load of stuff down there for those in that county cause Punta Gorda was gettin ALL the help at the time.
        While there and reading the local rag, I was both amazed and sadden how the people felt about giving their sons & daughters up to be killed in an unjust war cause they believed that it was for God & country....blind patriotism is the way I see it, and these same folks would probably obediantly drink the kool-aid when their pastor told them too!!
        The Baptist down there along with most major denoms need to first re-read what Jesus was tryin to teach us, and then they need to fall on THEIR knees and repent....this is just MY opinion!!
        My calling from God is to fight for his plant, cannabis, which takes up 99.9% of my time, but I DO READ EVERYTHING that comes across this puter so keep em coming...I just may not always answer.
        P.S. In regards to the hurricanes down there......do ya think that God just might be tryin to get the Baptists' attention?!
        From a "Holy Roller" of the joint,
        Rev.Steve

        Elle <DovesRoost@...> wrote:
        I have
        > strong feeling about how people use the bible to justify
        > descrimination and hatred and coming from a small North Florida
        town
        > that is full of "Holy Rollers" it makes me mad to see what is done
        > in Jesus' name.
        >
        > I have a question, Does anyone know if the ULC is considered a
        > recognized religion in Florida. I have checked the net and called
        > the state but have yet to get a straight answer. Does anyone here
        > know? Thank You and God Bless, Jeannie

        Hi Jeannie...

        Where are you in NoFla? I'm in Gilchrist Co. Holy Rollers? Holy Cow!
        We're a Character First county. Check THAT out!

        Round these parts, if you ain't Baptist, you are goin' straight to
        hell. The 10 commandments sit on signs next to driveways. The stars &
        bars wave proudly in front yards. Yup. It's a mindblower round here.
        NoFla is its own little world.

        When we moved here, we were called upon by the local minister. You
        know, that had NEVER happened to me in all the moves my family has
        made. I thought it was sweet at the time. At least it was a welcome
        to the neighborhood, of sorts.

        Cheers!

        Elle in NoFla Too

        Yahoo! Groups Links

        Rev.Steven B.Thompson,Director

        GENESIS 1; 11,12: And God said,"Let the earth burst forth with every sort of grass and seed-bearing plant." And so it was,and God was pleased.
        GENESIS 1; 29,31: "And look! I have given you the seed-bearing plants throughout the earth for your food." Then God looked over all that he had made,and it was excellent in every way.
        Taken from "THE LIVING BIBLE"