Re: Religion and Spirituality

  • jonathanlobl
    Message 1 of 319 , Oct 28, 2000
      You make some good points. Yes, religious people
      have done a great deal of good in the world as well as
      much harm. I contend that religious institutions have,
      on balance, done more harm than good. Galileo was a
      good Catholic. His church brought him to his knees in
      every sense of the word.<br><br>Yes, monastaries served
      as hospitals. How do you balance this against the
      Crusades?<br><br>This doesn't even touch apon the Reformation, the
      Counter Reformation, Islamic jihad, the violence in India
      between Moslems and Hindus, etc.
      adnauseum.<br><br>Jonathan
    • petros_evdokas
      Message 319 of 319 , Mar 6, 2002
        Friends,<br><br>Yahoo is beginning to act on
        their intent to merge the yahoo -clubs and yahoo
        -groups services, and this means we might be in for a
        bumpy ride for a few days. Please bear with us as we
        try to sort through the (inevitable) troubles this
        might cause.<br> <br>If problems arise, please write
        directly to this address petrosarbee@... , and
        please accept apologies in advance if you don�t receive
        an immediate response - please asssume that we�re
        already working on the