MINORML-TALK: get cheap gas

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 4, 2006
      The following is from one of our MINORML members and I feel that it is worth sharing. If you don't...simply hit "delete."
      Of course it contains that word "UNITED" again!

      Trena <onegirl@...> wrote:
      The price of gas makes our job as activists much more difficult. Here's a way we can take their gas prices and crame them up exxon/mobil's ass. T

      I received this this afternoon and it strikes me that it really could do some good. Essentially it is a partial boycott to split the big oil companies apart and force them into a gas war. I'm not sure we could force them all that way down and I have other reservations.

      HOWEVER, this whole thing is easy enough, and I am trying to always buy Citgo anyway. I'm going to stay entirely away from Exxon/Mobile.

      Update 1 - Boycott Exxon and Mobile

      Four folks from across the nation have sent this idea to me, and now I am asking you to join with us in boycotting the two largest gas companies, EXXON and Mobile, until their price for gas comes down and stays down to $1.30 per gallon. This idea is proposed by Phillip Hollsworth, and it is much better than the idea of avoiding buying gas on certain days. When we force the BIG TWO to drop their prices, the smaller companies won’t be far behind.

      Please read the proposal below. Let us try this out for a while, and please forward this proposal to all your friends and email contacts.

      Best of Luck to us all, Bob Alexander

      Boycott Exxon and Mobile until gas is down to $1.30 and stays down

      This might be worth a try and it certainly won't hurt to test out this theory: GAS WAR - an idea that WILL work

      This was originally sent by a retired Coca Cola executive. It came from one of his engineer buddies who retired from Halliburton. It's worth your consideration.

      Join the resistance!!!! I hear we are going to hit close to $ 4.00 a gallon by next summer and it might go higher!! Want gasoline prices to come down?
      We need to take some intelligent, united action.

      Phillip Hollsworth offered this good idea. This makes MUCH MORE SENSE than the "don't buy gas on a certain day" campaign that was going around last April or May! The oil companies just laughed at that because they knew we wouldn't continue to "hurt" ourselves by refusing to buy gas. It was more of an inconvenience to us than it was a problem for them. BUT, whoever thought of this idea, has come up with a plan that can really work. Please read on and join with us!

      By now you're probably thinking gasoline priced at about $1.50 is super cheap. Me too! It is currently $2.79 for regular unleaded in my town. Now that the oil companies and the OPEC nations have conditioned us to think that the cost of a gallon of gas is CHEAP at $1.50 - $1.75, we need to take aggressive action to teach them that BUYERS control the marketplace..not sellers. With the price of gasoline going up more each day, we consumers need to take action. The only way we are going to see the price of gas come down is if we hit someone in the pocketbook by not purchasing their gas! And, we can do that WITHOUT hurting ourselves. How?

      Since we all rely on our cars, we can't just stop buying gas. But we CAN have an impact on gas prices if we all act together to force a price war.

      Here's the idea: For the rest of this year, DON'T purchase ANY gasoline from the two biggest companies (which now are one), EXXON and MOBIL. If they are not selling any gas, they will be inclined to reduce their prices. If they reduce their prices, the other companies will have to follow suit. But to have an impact, we need to reach literally millions of Exxon and Mobil gas buyers. It's really simple to do! Now, don't wimp out on me at this point ...keep reading and I'll explain how simple it is to reach millions of

      I am sending this note to 30 people. If each of us send it to at least ten more (30 x 10 = 300) ... and those 300 send it to at least ten more (300 x 10 = 3,000)...and so on, by the time the message reaches the sixth group of people, we will have reached over THREE MILLION consumers.

      If those three million get excited and pass this on to ten friends each, then 30 million people will have been contacted! If it goes one level further, you guessed it..... THREE HUNDRED MILLION PEOPLE!!!

      Again, all you have to do is send this to 10 people. That's all! (If you don't understand how we can reach 300 million and all you have to do is send this to 10 people.... Well, let's face it, you just aren't a mathematician. But I am . so trust me on this one.) :-)

      How long would all that take? If each of us sends this e-mail out to ten more people within one day of receipt, all 300 MILLION people could conceivably be contacted within the next 8 days!!! I'll bet you didn't think you and I had that much potential, did you! Acting together we can make a difference.

      If this makes sense to you, please pass this message on. I suggest that we not buy from EXXON/MOBIL UNTIL THEY LOWER THEIR PRICES TO THE $1.30 RANGE AND KEEP THEM DOWN. THIS CAN REALLY WORK.

      Kerry Lyle, Director, Research Coordinator

      Rev.Steven B.Thompson,Director

      GENESIS 1; 11,12: And God said,"Let the earth burst forth with every sort of grass and seed-bearing plant." And so it was,and God was pleased.
      GENESIS 1; 29,31: "And look! I have given you the seed-bearing plants throughout the earth for your food." Then God looked over all that he had made,and it was excellent in every way.
      Taken from "THE LIVING BIBLE"