LTE - LOCAL HEROES

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 28 3:35 PM
      "Rev. Steven B. Thompson" <benziecountynorml@...> wrote: My heartfelt thanks goes out to each and everyone of you who considered me a local hero in the Northern Express 2006 Reader's Choice Awards. It was very humbling for me to be ranked with the likes of Mary Lee Lord, who I got to meet a couple of times, and Michael Moore, who I also have met, and consider to be one of my heroes.
      I have never really thought of myself as a hero, but rather just a voice in the wilderness speaking out against the un-christian, injustices that we face today. I know that there are those who think that I am crazy, or using my Christianity as a front....that's okay, for everyone is entitled to their own opinions, but I know where my heart lies. It belongs to Jesus and I give God all the glory for this recognition. Just remember that I am not perfect...I am only forgiven.
      One of our members in Michigan NORML stated that my recognition would put a big target on my back for law enforcement. Trust me, they know who I am and where I live just as any other responsible,adult cannabis consumer who has made the choice to quit behaving like a criminal by standing up for this God-created miracle plant that could save our world, and doing something to bring an end to it's prohibition. This is not a war on a plant.....it is a war on people which makes it a spiritual war of good versus evil, and good always wins in the end!!
      Do you want to be a hero?? Then don't be afraid to stand up against the injustice of Cannabis Prohibition and start doing something to end it in your lifetime for the sake of your children and our planet. A classic example of why it doesn't work anymore than Alcohol Prohibition did is the O'Non family tragedy, or the persecution of Matthew & Laura Barber. You can start by joining MINORML at www.minorml.org thus helping us to help you. Next, you can join us on May 6 in Traverse City for our 6th Annual Million Marijuana March starting 11am at the Haggerty Center. Watch for our ad in the Northern Express on April 30th.
      Finally, when you exercise your right to vote this year......THINK GREEN so that we may all be able to start living in peace with one another!!

      Rev.Steven B.Thompson,Director

      GENESIS 1; 11,12: And God said,"Let the earth burst forth with every sort of grass and seed-bearing plant." And so it was,and God was pleased.
      GENESIS 1; 29,31: "And look! I have given you the seed-bearing plants throughout the earth for your food." Then God looked over all that he had made,and it was excellent in every way.
      Taken from "THE LIVING BIBLE"